GH: March 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

This may not be popular, but Kiefer is also a victim. He is a teenager whose inability to deal with his anger and violence towards women must have come from his home life. This does not excuse his violence, but it provides a way to go forward to get him therapy and anger management. If this behavior is treated when he is this young, there is a chance that he can stop it before he kills a woman. I have no problem with GH exploring Kiefer's issues as long as it is aimed at getting him help.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How this will go? Just as Ethan is about to be dealt with. Kristina and Sonny will have a moment and she'll confess to SONNY. he'll then call off his goons and save the day. And we all know Jason will resist because he'll have some doubt over Ethan's guilt so it will be an unnamed goon of Sonny's who will be sent to deal with it.

You mean like Michael?

• Members

I forgot about Jax's rape...But now I remember that! It really wasn't treated like it would be had a woman been raped...

I agree about Stefan.

And oh dear baby Jesus if Keifer coems out as the victim in this, I will throw the towel in for good on this show.

• Members

That's a load of crap. In real life the woman will either drop charges, make up a story or say she doesn't know who did it. GH did the same thing, but with most story potential by having her pin it on an actual character.

Molly is a child who doesn't know the full story and as you said, shes' a romantic so this is another couple for her to fantasize about. That's who Molly is...besides, what's wrong with someone having favorable opinions of Kiefer? Alexis loves him as well. I'm glad he's being painted as a real person and not a one-dimensional monster. If that were the case everyone should've seen this coming.

That sounds like you're saying it's her fault. I don't see that. She's not perfect, she's screwed up. She has to be with a backstory and a father like Sonny. This is consistent with the character and if they were going to do this story with Kristina that needed to happen. She's very insecure and has issues with men and her self-worth.

If she said she didn't know who did it or says she fell then you have no story. On a soap I think naming an actual character as a suspect is realistic for soap standards.

• Members

In real life, if a woman names another man as attacker out of spite, which is how a lot of people are reading her decision to name Ethan, would people feel sorry for her? That's the problem with this story. It's no longer about a woman being abused. It's about poor Ethan who has been falsely accused by a bitter girl. They took Kristina's story and turned it into a way to make us pity mushmouth. Given that Ethan is a worthless character and Luke isn't a lot better I don't see the story potential.

She still thought the world of him after she saw him being violent. She also idolizes Jason, who is in a very violent profession. And she thinks highly of Michael, who hates women, to the point of almost hitting Robin and Liz and killing Claudia with an axe.The line becomes blurred because she has such a high opinion of these men. Are we supposed to side with her and see Keifer as good?

When the show has scenes of Kristina getting Keifer to buy her an expensive dress, then using it to try to woo another man, and rejecting Keifer, what are they trying to say beyond it's her fault? They have muddied the waters so much in this story. It went from being about Keifer controlling and scaring Kristina to being about Kristina being out of control.

I actually think there was more of a story if she said she didn't know who did it. Then abuse would be explored, and the impact on her family. Instead the focus is now on Jason saves the day, Sam lashes out, useless Luke and Ethan, and other played out scenes.

GH once told a very powerful spousal abuse story with DL Brock and Bobbie. They didn't try to manipulate that. Today, with the pervasive hatred those at GH have of women, they can't seem to resist slanting a tale in a way which is about what a young woman puts men through. Her father, who gets to be the victim as we are reminded again about Deke, the other victim Ethan, et al.

• Members

I like the Kristina story. I think GH did a good job setting everything up just so so everyone was where they needed to be storywise. Ethan first caught Kristina's eye way back at Maxie's weddingm and GH followed through with that slowly but surely. Keifer has been around even longer. It's rare GH takes such care to slowly work a story right, but this time they did and there was no insta-crush.

I have no problem her naming Ethan for the the sake of the story. Whatever gets the story rolling, and since I like Ethan, the boy who plays Kiefer, and even the girl who plays Kristina lately (for so long she was a nothing), this story is good for me. And that GH is even bothering to work in families is another whopper. Usually nobody knows what is going on outside their own story, but now you have Luke, Tracy, Sonny, Alexis, and soon Kiefer's parents all getting in on the action, and siblings Sam and Lucky. Well done, GH.

• Members

The shift to Kristina just about literally throwing herself at Ethan seemed sudden to me. If they had built up to where Ethan barely ever had a friendship with her and she became fixated on him I would have thought it was more believable. Instead she seemed to very quickly mistake his sibling type of looking out for her as something romantic, and suddenly seemed to being manipulating Keifer to justify this turn. But I'm glad if people are enjoying the story. All I ever see when I see Ethan is the sleaze who pimped out Rebecca. I will admit that if someone else besides pointless retcon Ethan were in this story I might be more compelled.

• Members

I found it totally consistent with everything that has happened with Kristina and Ethan before. She started out just staring at him months ago, then finding excuses to say hi, then asking him to teach her cards, then he gallantly would come to her defense with Keifer to set up her fantasy further, and then with each fight Kristina and Keifer were less and less happy and she looked harder and longer Ethan's way. Kristina had to make her move sooner or later! :lol:

Keifer's jealousy of Ethan has been a constant since day one, so what set him off was completely in character. The sneaky Kristina thing harkens back to her wild child introduction as a wannabe tramp who threatened Jason with a false accusation about him. Ethan has always been a gentleman, and he game on as a rogue but soon became Mr noble out to save Rebecca from Nik. He has been nothing less than perfect ever since. His one misstep was he got angry and tried to make Kristina see reason and he grabbed her arm. But on TV everyone grabs arms or shoulders for emphasis, and he had no way of knowing she was a hemophiliac or whatever causes her to bruise easily. :lol:

• Members

Yes, but she didn't just make a move, they had her go out of her way to twist the knife with Keifer, and to degrade herself for Ethan, only to lash out at him when he rejected her. Instead of an abuse story this becomes yet another story about a crazy young woman who is a burden to the men in her life. I feel like their #1 priority in this story is to make us pity Ethan. If you're going to have a story about a young woman being beaten, it would be nice if the story were about her and what she has gone through.

• Members

Hey!

Glad someone else is liking it. It's funny, you read comments and columns ripping GH to shreds for no families, no stories other than mobsters shooting it out, stories only star Sonny, Csrly and Jason...and here is a story starring Freaking Ethan Lovett, Kristina, and a recurring day player with no one discussing territory or shipments, and people don't like this either.

Archived