GH: March 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree, I think Sonny is a horrible person, but idk..Sonny tends (most of the time...or sometimes) to be a man of his words, so maybe Kristina was just thinking that way everyone would be safe? I dont know...I just wish GH didnt make it so DAMN HARD to have sympathy for her, during a storyline when we're supposed to.

Keifer sucks. He's ONE person I wouldnt mind Sonny killing.

And no, I dont think Tony is on a vacation...Skye returns on March 31st...Guza said they were gonna have a big s/l together, so maybe he's just out for a week or so.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not having a hard time feeling sorry for her at all. Kristina looked like a sad, broken little girl lying in that bed. Having Alexis at her side crying just added to it. She made a big mistake fingering Ethan, but she was beat to $hit and scared when she did it. I don't think she had the ability to consider all of the consequences of lying. There were a bunch of people asking her the same question and she just said the first name that came to mind. I doubt she realized that Sonny would try to kill Ethan. Yes, maybe she should have known, but she didn't grow up in the mob like Michael and Morgan.

For the first time in a very long time I felt sorry for Sonny and think Mo put some effort into his scenes. When he brings up the Deek and Adella story to his latest POA to justify his way of life, I always :rolleyes:, but it worked today when he was telling it to Kristina.

For a few minutes of this episode I forgot how much I hate Sonny and felt bad for the father who saw his little girl beaten just like his mother while there was nothing he could do to save her. Then he ordered Jason to kill Ethan and I was back to thinking Sonny is an ass.

• Members

Then just about everyone on this show needs to be in lockup. Who isn't lying to the cops right now? On a show where murderers and rapists are walking free and have never paid, the last thing I need to see is some little girl arrested after a brutal beating.

• Members

Kristina could have said she didn't know who it was, she didn't see the person. She also insisted on telling her story when Alexis tried to cut off Lucky's questions. I have sympathy for Kristina as an abuse victim, but not for falsely accusing Ethan and persisting with the lie.

• Members

I'm not saying it's ok for her to lie. I'm just saying that on a show where even cops are lying to the police and obstructing justice, I'm not sure a 16 year old girl is the one who needs to go to prison for that particular crime. If out of all the people who have committed perjury, violent crimes and cons, Kristina is the one who is put away, the morality of the show will be even more upside down than it already is.

I'm not saying Kristina should walk away from this lie without facing some sort of consequences (probation, community service), but there are a whole lot of people who should be in line ahead of her when justice is handed out.

• Members

Eh, Kristina isn't going to face any consequences for her lies. Most of the characters never do. It is a soap after all. I do think that her lies about Ethan has hurt what has been a well written and built up abuse story, but that is GH for ya.

I remember when Marty wrongly accused Kevin of participating in the gang rape. TPTB showed that she was drunk and traumatized which caused her to mistakenly think that Kevin had been one of the men who raped her when he had actually found her and tried to help her. Eventually Marty's memory returned and she realized she made a mistake accusing Kevin even though it damaged her testimony against her attackers. Marty apologized to him and to Vicki. I sympathized completely with Marty although she was wrong about Kevin and I cheered when her realized that she had been wrong about him. I remember this story like it was yesterday. It was some of the best soap drama that I had ever witnessed. I was glued to the screen. It isn't that a social issue can't be turned into a dramatic soap story, it is that that soaps don't do it well and always push it to the limits.

• Members

I might agree if Kristina had shown some hesitation. Most women don't falsely accuse someone. They just say they didn't see who it was, or don't know who did it. Why accuse Ethan? IMO it seemed like revenge for him rejecting her.

She also has NO concern that Sonny might kill Ethan cause of her lie. I feel sorry for her, but otherwise I feel nothing than that for her

• Members

We dont agree on much when it comes to GH, but IA with this. Kristina blaming Ethan did seem like revenge for rejecting her. She's spent the last few weeks hating on Sonny bc he is a killer and despising the way he operates yet she goes and tells him something like this, knowing that he will try and kill Ethan. She's not that naive to think Sonny wouldnt put a hit out on him.

I also hate how quickly she named him. There was no hesitation. It just rolled off her tongue. I wish she had told them she wasnt ready to talk or made something up so she could have time to process things. I kinda wish she genuinly was confused and did think Ethan hit her bc he was the first face she saw. I think that would have made a better story with her not exactly remembering what happened and accusing Ethan she wasnt remembering things correctly

• Members

I agree...I mean, if K was just confused and THOUGHT it was ethan, but later went back and remembered it was Keifer...That would have been way way better...But the fact that, without hesitation, she named Ethan out of revenge, makes me have little to no sympathy for her.

I was looking forward to this storyline because I thought it would be a great and empowering story for teens watching who have been abuszed, but instead they make it all about how horrible the abused girl is, and they are going to turn her into the villian here.

However, NLG has said she thinks this story is really good, and we know she NEVER holds back...So maybe there's hope.

• Members

yeah, it has ruined the whole story for me. how are you supposed to have sympathy for a girl who DOESNT want a man who BEATS her to die, so she blames someone innocent, even though she knows sonny will kill him...She can preach all she wants about what a monster Sonny is, but her actions of late just go to show the apple don't fall far from the tree. what a nasty bitch.

Lexi ainsworth is doing good as an actree tho.

• Members

The girl is probably still reeling from everything she's going through and likely still fears him. Does that make it right that's she's accusing the wrong man of beating the crap out of her? Yes. But that doesn't make her a "bitch" either.

Archived