Dancing with the Stars: Season 10

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks Cheap...I wasn't that fond of Samantha either, but Brooke doesn't seem like she knows what she's doing. Is she a TV personality or something? I've never heard of her.

I was flipping over tonight trying to catch Evan dancing. I missed the first one, but saw the second. Then flipped over to watch Castle at 10 and saw the judges salivating over the Nicole girl again. Blech. I don't care how good she dances, her attitude seems to be terrible. But I'm not tuning in for every single dance so I probably shouldn't judge her. LOL...and it is a dancing competition not an attitude competition.

• Members

WSS is a good idea, but South Pacific? Umm the musical is from the 40s, set in the 40s (WWII) Not 50s and there's no real part of the show that calls for the aggression inherent in a Paso--but Jerome Robbins used flamenco elements in West Side Story already so it would work (but they don'tget to pick their music I guess so the Elvis thing worked better) ;) I agree though, it doesn't seem that complex (the idea of a 90s Passo seems harder--they coulda incorporated the Running Man I guess) but in Derek's defence (and it's true I think he's the best dancer/choreographer of the lot) he was one of the few who genuinely added dance moves of that era into the dance (the jive the football player whose name I can never remember was one of the few other ones). Some of them, costumes and songs aside, had nothing to do with the era (Makx even said something like "I didn't make the steps for the 80s" lol) and I didn't understand why they weren't really penaltied for that. It was all weird.

Evan creeps me out a bit for some reason. I know everyone loves him but I was so glad when they had so many people call him cold--I find him a cold dancer and a cold skater (more superficially,I find his proportions or something kinda weird--he's so skinny and tall)--which is why he was pretty much perfect for the future routine and it was prob the number he's done that I like best. Len owed him a better score, I hate to admit, I think his rationale was he liked his performances so much more today but thought some technique was missing (it's true the future one didn't have as much cha cha elements as I thought it was should--)

I HATE the Nicole drama they've been playing up (though I guess it's at least somewhat genuine--even after doing her spectacular routine she looked petrified when the judges started talking), but if she doesn't win I'm giving up on the show. That said I don't find her unlikable--she's a perfectionist but certainly not the most annoying one we've had on the show (I find Evan kinda unlikeable though--he doesn't seem to really connect with people, the way he talks in his scenes reminds me of someone with slight asbergers). I actually thought Erin had the way more annoying attitude today, too scared to even try a jump, etc--though I never really trust those "packaged rehearsal" clips as I think the producers really use them to show what they want us to see more than what's actually there.

I felt Niecy's Passo, besides being oddly set in the 90s (why, BTW did they do a string of decades but skip the 70s? Did they think ti would be too easy for someone to throw in some disco moves into their dance?) was also let down by those HIDEOUS costumes--awful colours that didn't come off on TV and her dress didn't move well with her body. But I hope she stays another week and Chad's gone (I know he's trying but his attitude is getting weirder and weirder to me--I don't think his partner really enjoys spending time with him despite that honking ring he gave her)

• Members

Ah, gotcha, to be honest I was kinda speaking out of my ass and making a guess as I've never seen either musical/movie but was judging from clips and general knowledge. As someone who couldn't pick up choreography to save his life, I have much respect for the folks who go on here and knock it out of the park. This is one of the most respectable "reality"-type gigs out there, pure clean fun and demanding physical work for the contestants.

• Members

Beyond Nicole's princess attitude, I just don't enjoy watching her dance. Even with all of Derek's tricks, this was the first week I can remember that she didn't look awkward or like she was being dragged around.

Erin also seems to be very easily winded.

• Members

Evan & Anna, and Nicole & Derek got the cover of TV Guide.

TV Guide seems to think that Nicole being a "sure thing" may sink her-as it did with Mya last season-with voters who think she has an unfair advantage

They also say that Niecy isn't going to win this, but it'd be a shame to lose her so early cause her rehearsals are so funny, so much so that she makes the intense Louis Van Amstel stop dancing cause he's laughing so hard.

It also says that Evan's willpower could help him skate past the competition

• Members

Well I do love Little Shop. To be honest (I promise not to take this too off topic ;) ) I don't think many movie musicals have worked--West Side Story's at least preserves the awesome stage choreography but it's hard not to make gangs dancing on REAL streets look silly--musicals maybe more than any other type of theatre, for me, really need the stage illusion to work. But still WSS is such a cultural icon--as well as being the first musical that prob my ultimate obsession, Stephen Sondheim wrote (just lyrics) and Jerome Robbins' insane choreography (and for being one of the first musicals that showed you could deal with serious subject matter). But I do find a lot of people who say they don't like musicals, feel differently when they see them on stage (or not--I know you're hardly theatre illiterate)

;)

How is Chad still around? Oh I better stop reading this thread before more spoilers for us West Coasters... (though I'm pretty sure, then, I know who goes.

• Members

Football player + Twitter fanbase + Cheryl.

I can't even watch him anymore. They're lucky to have the ratings hold up as much as they have because for some reason I have a really hard time sitting through a lot of the people this season (Jake, Erin, Nicole, Chad), their personalities don't come across well. If Shannen Doherty had stayed I think she would have been the nnormal one.

• Members

could be bc there arent that many left? Really any of them can easily land in the bottom 2 at this point and it wouldnt be too surprising bc there arent that many choices. Also could be bc Erin almost leaving last week got her fans to vote in. I dont normally vote but I did last night to ensure I did my part to help her stay. Would rather Niecy have stayed but oh well, Im not disappointed bc Erin was safe.

Archived