ATWT Tribute Thread

• Members

Earl was a typo, sorry.

The last few clips were from the CBS site.

I never imagine Bob and Lyla being together either, although I read about it in the history book ages ago it's still strange to see. They were together when she first came to town and broke up after a trial where it was revealed that she'd done some stuff to help keep the secret that she had had a child with John (Margo).

http://www.soapcentral.com/atwt/whoswho/lyla.php

There's also some stuff with them from a May 1981 episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj3ZZbNxaQA&feature=related

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Another five minute scene (not 30 seconds like some of the other clips) around the same time as the clip with Bob, Grandpa, and Nancy. This one is with Bob and young Tom. This Tom is a pretty decent kid actor, too bad they had to age Tom so quickly.

• Members

Re Lyla/Bob. Velekka Grey stated in her SOAPSWEB interview that Don Hastings didn't like her and wanted his wife Leslie Denniston in the role.

She had previously been on as Bob's love interest Karen Peters in 78.It seems unlikely they would bring her back 2 years later in a new role,again involved with Bob.

Interestingly a lot of story from 78 is not mentioned eg the Bob/Karen story.Were these stories dropped when Hunt/Ellis took over?

• Members

That's odd. I'm surprised if that is true, as bringing an actress in two years later for another role is rare. Unless she meant he wanted Leslie to return as Karen?

Of course Leslie did return to ATWT but that was about 12 years later...

Who was Karen again?

It seems like a lot of that time in Bob's life, after Gennifer died and before he married Kim, is rarely mentioned, just as a lot of the years between Lisa and Gennifer rarely seemed to be mentioned.

And apparently the Dobsons didn't see it as important either since they named a major character Karen.

• Members

I wish they'd roll out that one clip of Kim and John from 1976 or so. They played a brief snippet of it for the 50th anniversary episode (John: "I'm never gonna stop wanting you!" Kim: "Why do you want me to say things that are only going to hurt you?"), but I want to see more of it. This was still when Kim had her big, puffy blow-out hair.

I wonder if saynotoursoap's tape from the mid-70s is a complete episode or not.

• Members

Jeff Ward, I think?

Here's Lisa when Eduardo was shot by Hans (Hans was such a great villain), and then with Eduardo after he had died. That latter part is some of the best work I remember Eileen Fulton doing. And of course the scene where Orlena killed Eduardo was one of the more chilling I can remember on soaps.

• Members

Yes, that him!

Aw...Hans I remember him...lol. When he went to the farm..and Emma and Lily move the refrigator in front of the door..and Emma cuts him with a knife..not sure what it was...loved that scene...lol.....and then Hans after Courtney....lol.....I remember the whistling Hans used to make when going after Courtney.....lol...and then the wall/plaster falling on her face...lol....All this was written by Richard Culliton or was it Backus and Packer?? Wasnt Hans killed by a gunshot....forgot who killed him..wasnt it Holden...I should remember cause it wasnt too long ago....Hans was a cheesy villian but better than anything Goutman and Pissy ever came up with

• Members

I think it was Packer and Backus, but I'm not sure.

I remember when Courtney freaked out on Andy and left because he took photos of the rubble, not realizing she was trapped inside, and how could he do that, he had become tabloid, that could have been anyone, where were his morals, blah blah. I was just glad she was gone...

One of my favorite Hans stories was the ransom money Damian dropped off for him, which Julie found, and started spending. I remember some fun fantasies where Julie, who was trying to be good because of Caleb, kept seeing devilish Julie speaking to her and encouraging her to spend just a little.

Here's when Frannie and Sabrina meet:

• Members

Oh I remember all the Julie stuff...lol. And Andy with the its news stuff. I was glad to see Courtney go to. I wasnt a fan of hers but compared to Liberty Id take her. I couldnt stop laughing when the rubble fell on her face....lol...and her screan when it was about to hit her....lol

• Members

It's strange seeing the Stenbeck family. Greta is a bit happier here. Ariel is such an odd character, such haunting eyes. I wonder why they never brought her back.

Is this the Dee that Colleen Zenk Crouch/Pinter/Just Zenk supposedly had issues with? This isn't the only clip I've seen where Dee's very low-key delivery grates at me.

It's interesting that John was with Dee, then James was. Then John was with Ariel. Then James and John were with Lucinda and John was with Barbara after James was...now I kind of wish they'd shocked us all with a James/Emma pairing :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31O75Zx8-54&feature=related