OLTL: Discussion for the week November 30

• Members

She certainly deserves it with her controlled performances of grief over Jared's death. Even FF was tolerable today in her scenes with Rex. Overall, I loved today. The brief scene with Clint and Mitch today was pure GOLD for me. I've been waiting for that for years now and Roscoe Born and Jerry Ver Dorn did not disappoint me. I hope we see more of the 2 of them because I think there is a great dynamic between these 2 characters. And how touching was the poem reading at Jared's funeral. MA had me in tears threw those scenes as she did when she lied down next to Jared's casket in the ground. One question, where did she get that framed picture of the ranch?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With David is it often descends into "David is a loser, let's have people act superior to him," and it makes me resent a lot of characters I otherwise never had a problem with. Renee, Nigel, Clint, Natalie, among others. Now this has started again with Kevin. I think if he stays around longer then they should consider playing up something other than the wacky pathetic stuff. The best scene he had all year was the one when he briefly thought he was Asa's son and he tore into the family for the horrible way they'd treated him.

Melissa Archer is doing wonderful work. It reminds me of Jensen Buchanan's work on AW when Ryan died. That was, by far, the best acting of her career.

• Members

Honestly, I don't put it past FV and RC to actually try to get away with more in a Kyle/Oliver sex scene than they would in a straight couple sex scene. Not that I have an issue with that, of course. Daytime is so unsexy most of the time...I just want to see some real passion coming from the screen.

Nah, Ol isn't all that butch either. He's very sensitive, I think, and always looks like he's on the verge of tears. At least he doesn't always have that bitchface that Luke has, though.

• Members

Yeah, it would be a little hard to believe that the David of today could have so convincingly pulled of the Irene's diary stuff. Today, it would be all madcap and blunder. He had more of an edge and could be seen as more of a threat back then, then they seemed to ditch the idea that he had brains and turned him into a dumb blonde stuck in an International Male model's body. I also liked it when he was laying the Bukes out, only thing I didn't like was Dorian's involvement. I don't like her with David, I have never bought any sort of romantic aspect to their relationship and I don't like it when the writers push that.

• Members

I've been pretty hard on Melissa Archer over the years but I just rewatched some of yesterday's and today's shows and I have to admit she CAN do it. And she hasn't lost too much of the rawness that made her interesting in the first place.

As to Kyle and Oliver, in all seriousness, I think the most graphic we can expect is a mention of safe sex. Maybe an open-mouth kiss.

Archived