OLTL: Discussion for the week November 30

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought DG's stuffy nose voice could have used a bit more practice :P but I love having at least one of Viki's sons around. I may regret saying this someday, but I really dig the idea of parallel action going on at the Buchanan compound in London, I would like to see them continue to use this device. It could almost be another show, but unlike the Texas invasion on AW, or even Iris chilling with her friends in Saint-Tropez, we are familiar with all of the characters involved and there's a lot of s/l potential in those gaps where the Londoners aren't seen for a few months.

David did make me LOL with his, "I stopped listening at 'bad actor'..."

• Members

I don't see it as an invasion because we know everyone involved, aside from Nigel's doppleganger, who apparently exists so we can revive the old joke that British people = awful teeth. I haven't seen that since Mike Myers did it on SNL 20 years ago. The people from Mel's Diner, who are shoehorned into the show even though they are all dead weight (Gigi, Moe, Noelle), I think that's more of an invasion.

I think this is just the way she's always going to be, sadly. I can't remember the last time Jessica wasn't in need of some sort of special care.

If they were going to do the Grey Gardens parody with anyone I wish it had been her and Natalie.

• Members

Wow Destiny seems to be getting worse--couldn't Valentini get a better performance from her? the way she giggled through her line about being sorry that Danni was gone...

I'm enjoying OLTL right now so I don't mean this to be a huge dig, but the show does a crap job at putting story recaps subtly into the dialogue--they're doing even worse than AMC right now.; The opening lines of almost every character today shoehorned the past storylines into their dialogue in way too obvious, even by soap standards, a fashion. And I can almost handle the camp Nigel cousin--OLTL has always had elements of this--but please stop having him do monologues to himself.

• Members

I have to agree--I do get why many took to her at first--she has a natural likeability and it's nice seeing a different 'type' on a soap, but she's simply not cutting the mustard, and instead of improving I find her getting locked into her ways all the more. I forget the actual line but she was meant to be more or less hiding the fact from Matthew that she was secretly happy that Danni was out of the picture--instead the delivery was beyond obvious.

Archived