OLTL: Discussion for the week November 30

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

hey Todd, karma's a bitch! "How can you keep my own child from me? Haha, funny bc thats EXACTLY what he did to Blair when he stole her baby, gave him away and told her he was dead. And lets not forget he was going to do the same thing to Starr. In fact he was alot more cruel to Blair than Tea was to him as she honestly didnt even know that Daniella was his until recently. Oh well, he is in no place to complain. Its not something he wouldnt do, and actually has done before

• Members

I don't even know why they have Tea going on about his various crimes. She knows what he is and she loves it. This gets her going. The show can't have it both ways. If they want to write Todd as a hero, then there's no need to try to bring up his past. It's all been washed over anyway.

• Members

Wow, what an ending today! I loved all the scenes at the church.

Bravo to IK and MA with their scenes earlier in the episode. Somehow, Natalie being resentful and spiteful to Roxy somehow made since, and I loved the pair breaking down towards the end of their scenes. Powerful acting by both actresses!

• Members

Totally agree. For a minute there I thought it was a Friday. That's how you do a cliff hanger kids. Loved all of today. Even Rex talking to Jess didn't bother me and usually even the mention of him makes me mad. I also loved all the mentioning of history today. Rex has become such a holier than thou schmuck lately I wondered if anyone would remember his introduction into Llanview. And along with IK and MA a round of applause for BK, FL and TSJ. There were times today that FL reminded me of Judith Light's Karen. I so can't wait for tomorrow.

• Members

Im sick of him. He is just way too dark and gothic. I hate how he laughs everything off as if its a big joke and messing around with corpses isnt funny. And for what? It all seemed completely unncesary as was digging up Nash's grave. Its sick and its not something I really care to watch

• Members

Sorry Cheap21 but I totally agree with Amello, Mitch is everything AWESOME. My only problem is that it feels like to me there setting up another Who Killed Mitch story. I'd rather the nut got sent to prison so that they can trot him out when story needs a good kick.

• Administrator

Agreed with those who thought Mitch coming out of the coffin was awesome! I only wish that the execution was better - I didn't how the funeral scenes were cutting back and forth with the Todd/Tea scenes because it ruined the momentum. It should've been: shot of the coffin rising cut to other characters cut to John on the phone cut to coffin cut to more reaction shots cut to coffin cut to Natalie starting to go towards the coffin cut to Mitch coming out of the coffin cut to Natalie's reaction shot.....fade to black. That would've been more suspenseful.

• Members

There's always a danger of too much but so far I think OLTL has done well with how much Mitch to show and how far to take him. Mitch is a psychological menace, he gets in your head. The last time he was around it was too much mustache-twirling and the big evil house on the hill and ubervillainy. Stuff like what he did today, rising out of Jared's coffin, is absolutely classic terror, and just a little bit funny, which makes it even more terrifying. He's a real shot in the arm to characters who are, with a few exceptions, not able to drive story on their own.

Nash's corpse and the coffin business are the genuinely good WTF moments I miss on soaps.

Archived