OLTL: Discussion for the week November 30

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right, that was the doc, not Sean Penn's Milk, I stand corrected. But I still think it sounds a little clunky, I mean, I wouldn't be having a discussion about disgraced televangelists and say, "Wow, this is just like The Eyes of Tammy Faye" I dunno, I'll rewatch the scene...

• Members

Amen! She's come such a long way. True soapy goodness.

I got all horny just thinking about Kyle & Oliver's reunion sex. I'm sure Nick did too.

Actually, I preferred the old doc.

JPL wasn't bad today during those "stunned but I say nuttin" scenes.

• Members

OLTL has some of the clunkiest dialogue, especially when they try to to be clever, but they must have used that version for a reason. Given that OLTL could only be gayer if Armistead Maupin took over, with Oscar Wilde and Tennessee Williams as spiritual advisors, the people at the show must know the difference between the documentary and the film.

• Members

Mitch Laurence is just all kinds of devilish yummy. I loved his, "Now don't look all surprised, this isn't the first time I've come back from the dead." (or something to that effect). And his stopping everything, turning to Viki, "Victoria you look beautiful." It's sick, and twisted but damn I love his obsession with Viki. LOL.

I loved the reading of the poem at the grave side, and when Natalie turned and looked at Charlie.

Mitch knows all it seems. He knows about Bo and Nora. WTF?

Can't wait to see Charlie and Mitch tomorrow.

• Members

I find it odd how because of this thing with Dorian, all of her teen friends (because that's what they are...Dorian totally hangs out with Starr, Cole, Langston, and Markko) are now these gay activist enthusiasts. It's no big deal for them to support gay rights (they live in Llanview, after all), but Langston knows about a documentary about a gay politician that was released close to 25 years ago? I know Markko's a film geek, but still...it's just a tad bit too much "look at how many gay references we can shove into the show this week." It's like it's the new hip thing to be all about the gays in Llanview. I bet Cole has Boney M. on his iPod.

And yes, TC, Kyle/Oliver sex is something that I eagerly await, and thank goodness this is ABC's immoral ass because I'm sure we'll get more than just Kyle bouncing around in the bed afterwards while listening to Corinne Bailey Rae's "Put Your Records On" as Oliver shamefully washes the stench of filthy man-sex off of his body.

• Members

David doesn't have to be quite that much of a caricature, he was more balanced when he was on the show the first few years, and I'd say he was a more effective character than the punching bag he's been in recent years.

Rex, I think that's just JPL's bad acting and no direction.

Apparently they had to redo the scene once because the first take was too much. Or that's the rumor. I think we'll get something good, not sure how much. I'm keeping my expectations low because you don't get a lot of this type of thing on any TV show, not even cable shows.

• Members

So *DEAD* at bolded! :lol: You are too much!

But yeah, the dialogue can be pretty heavy-handed, and if you're the kind of person who does what your TV tells you to do, well be ye homophobe no more after watching OLTL. It's pretty strategic too, they aren't making room for any dissenting teen voices (besides Markko's minor quibbles that he's gotten over). And for the record, I'm not saying that they SHOULD have an anti-gay teen voice on the show.

• Members

I liked early David, but it's obvious that Tuc would much rather play this current version of the character, he seems to be having a ball. I've said this before, but there was sort of an awkward period for Tuc/David (at least in my eyes) where I felt like he was trying to find the character for himself, and this was about a year or two in. I think he and JPL feel hindered by a lot of drama, they are freer in comedy and that's cool, but there are plenty of moments (especially for Rex since David is so far gone) where the director could have told him to bring it back.

Archived