AMC: Wednesday

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's true, and I'm not trying to pick on the extras but if you want to be an actor (and presumably, you do), you need to master the subtle art of walking across a room like a real person. If I was a director over at AMC, I would give every walking nurse two NYC addresses and tell them to map out their subway/bus route as they crossed the room or something. I never see any sort of actorly thought process going on behind these people's eyes, and I know I souldn't be focusing on extras, but I totally get distracted by the symphony of robotic blocking going on in the background.

• Members

The past openings have always featured a man before Erica. It was alawys a man she was romantically involved with or had some other strong history. For some reason AMC decided to break with tradition and feature the show's young female before Erica with this current one. Looks like they are going back to how it used to be and Im glad they are

Ill have to give the new Colby some more time but I didnt care for her in this episode. She didnt leave a good impression and I preferred BM

Why is it at times that it takes days for DNA results to come but David gets his within the hour?

• Members

Bianca was the only one who worked in that spot, Lily and Colby didn't deserve it. Kind of like how they gave Sherri Saum (sp? Kamar de los Reyes' wife) the final spot in the old Sunset Beach opening. I can live with David, but Adam is more deserving. I'm sure they want to keep her close to Ryan in the beginning, but I wouldn't be surprised if they plugged Budig in there someday. The falling pictures opening was the best at respecting the vets.

• Members

I was playing the new opening and the one previous simultaneously and discovered David flies away sooner than Colby does...and then noticed how long they stayed on the AMC book in the end of the new one. Basically, they have room to tweak and edit frames as much as they want to give characters more time, so don't blame Erica for characters not getting face time. It's all in the editing.

• Members

Sadly, most daytime opening credits lose much of their charm after the first update. The new shots are taped differently and don't flow with the originals and the timing gets all screwed and jump cutty. The jump cut thing was especially a problem for the falling pics opening, sometimes new pics "fell" in an awkward-looking stilted way.

I don't mind Erica being twice, I think it works for this particular opening in these days where they're not going to give us the vets like Joe and Adam up front as they did in AMC's best opening, 90-95. I'd have a bigger problem with CM being first.

• Members

LMAO @ you giving me face! "So don't blame Erica for characters not getting face time." I know it's all in the editing. Thanks for the education. I'm saying there's no need for Erica to be in there twice. She's never been twice in any of the past versions -- the falling pictures, the lame white backdrop with the wild horses, the golden album... And the reason the new opening and the previous opening are different in times is due to the fact that THEY REMOVED COLBY AND TAYLOR, which only backs up my argument. Those few milliseconds of face time cut out of the sequence means a lot. So if they reduced Erica's ass shaking time to once, those few milliseconds could be used for others. Like Randi, for instance. Maybe she could do something other than move that flap of hair out of her face.

Random: I'M SO GLAD BETH EHLERS IS GONE!

Amen! Or showcase the "pets."

• Members

I wasn't trying to be rude or give you face. I don't even know what that means. Anyway, I thought your argument for Erica not needing two positions was because it could be used to give other characters room, not because it was unnecessary. And while yes, it would help things to only give her one shot, most of the shots were extended to compensate for Taylor and Colby being removed. The total time of the opening is still around 45 seconds, I was just pointing out that they had even more room to extend people's shots or add other people even with Erica having two shots, because David flew away sooner Colby had previously, leaving the AMC book for as long as they needed to fill the rest of the 45 seconds vs. just keeping the book shot the same length as before and extending people's shots even more than they already had, i.e. giving Joe some friggin' room after the pages go over his face so we can actually TELL it's Joe, or like you said, to help Randi get her hair out of the way.

Archived