AMC: Wednesday

• Members

It's the funny thing with stage actresses. Eden Riegel, Chrishell Stause, Kelli Giddish, for example, were not used to the medium. This new girl is no different. Loud, punctuated with over accentuated body language. They have to get used to the fact that they aren't on an open stage playing to the back row, but on a semi-enclosed set with boom mics and three cameras pointed at you from a close ten feet away. I will say that Colby 3.0 Surround Sound definitely had... hmmm... what was that thing missing from MonGrief's portra-- oh, that's right... LIFE!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally, she was really punching those lines out in that scene with Annie, like a young actress putting up her first scene in acting class. But I told myself that's essentially what this is for her, her first day, and at least it looks like she came to work prepared. As directors are fond of saying, they can always tell you to turn it down, it's much harder goading you to turn it up, which leads me to your last point...

• Members

Actually, it's because Walt Willey is still under contract and will be re-appearing soon :)

As for David being the fly away, I actually like it. I like it being someone with a connection to Erica, which Colby never had. I'm still sad they didn't add Madison or nuColby, but I'm assuming they're waiting for the HD overhaul and the other major additions/subtractions so that the pluses and minuses balance out a little.

• Members

Overall, I thought this was a really good episode. It had a nice blend of characters and no Zendall/Ryan!

I loved the Hubbard family Thanksgiving but it made me miss the Martin/Kane celebrations. Hopefully Lorraine Broderick will still be writing the show next year at this time and will give us a more traditional holiday show!

I found it very peculiar that Little A was sent home from school on Thanksgiving Day due to his stomach ache. Assuming he goes to a private school in the US, wouldn't they still take off national holidays?

At some point TIIC need to explain when David's sperm motility issues began; they better not be rewriting Leora's paternity to fit the current storyline!

• Members

I had a Brot sighting so I decided to watch this episode and actually enjoyed most of it. I still say Marissa is probably the worst new soap character since Celia on ATWT and Courtney on GH. Terrible actress even worse character. The reason I watched was for Brot, so I guess I should mention him first. I don't watch enough to understand Natalia, but I can't say that I'm in love with the character. She seems like a hateful bitch from what I saw. Brot is not a gray character, he's a genuinely nice guy from what I've seen. Why does she have to be so hateful with him? It's not cute because he's not JR or David. He's a good guy. I'm not sure the love/hate thing works here. All I kept thinking was that he deserves better. Of course her mom is dead so maybe I should cut her some slack.

It was nice that my one AMC episode a month involves the Hubbard's. Debbi Morgan's weave looks nicer than it had been. I hope the new HW can find something good for Angie and Jesse to do. Let them be the stars of a real, important storyline. AMC actually has a good minority cast with Jesse, Angie, Frankie, Randi, Natalia and Brot. Plus you always have Cassie on standby. Why she was brought on only to be written off so fast is beyond me. It's not like Yaya was terrible. Would be nice to see Jacob sometime. BTW, whatever happened to Dre? He was cute.

Hopefully since Pratt was presumably trying to save his job, his final two months will be watchable. Of course with the move it'll probably mean some big changes are in his hand. Thankfully all the LA stuff should be Broderick, but I still worry about him. He can do a lot of damage considering he'll be handling some big exits.

• Members

Brot and Natalia's friction is due to the fact that Natalia's envious of Brot's ability to impress her father and do things as well as or even better, in some instances, than she can. So that's where the love/hate thing comes in. She is attracted to him, but at the same time, she doesn't want to admit it because he's also her competition -- in her mind. You missed several relaxed and/or playful moments between them... even some near eye f*cking before she found her spark plugs in his pocket.

Dre went on the campaign trail with his father. He definitely was cute.

• Members

No matter what I think of a character, I HATE when they don't give them any sort of exit (I guess form what Daniel said we won't get one for Petey too) it seems that TPTB decided that Taylor and Tad were a no go and she was out WHILE writing that endless dance marathon cuz her attitude and everything changed over two episodes set withint he same hour--when she was gung ho about the marathon and then suddenly said Tad shoudl dance with someone else or whatever and left. Jesus. I mean we actually got exits for some minor characters under Pratt (like Dre) so you'd think he'd give one to a character he created lol.

In theory anyway the production values should be better for the same price at their LA studio, btu we'll see...

I actually really enjoyed the episode! and YAYE for NuColby. They used to be pretty good at recasting quickly on AMC when someone obviously wasn't up to task, I dunno why the past 5 years or so they keep people who are OBVIOUSLY not cutting the mustard on for so long...

• Members

Whatever's going on in Los Angeles, I just hope they devise a new communal place. I've said it a million times, and I'll say it a million more -- I'm sick of everyone hanging out at the hospital. It's getting so bad that now characters are actually using nurses as babysitters! BABYSITTERS!

• Members

That made me laugh outloud. Sure hospitals on soaps aren't too realistic (everyone always seems to get their own huge private room no matter what the emergency, etc) but having spent a week in the hospital in September I know that no damn working nurse is gonna hve the time to sit and watch a sleeping kid... lol

I agree--cut the hospital down to a handful of times a month (unless there's some major Angie at the hospital or whatever story) as well as using Confusion for everything (i wouldn;'t mind it scrapped altogether but really has there ever been a place in real life that works as a high end restaurant, a bar, a nightclub, an event venue, a breakfast joint, a snackbar, etc etc all at once? The Pine Valley Inn could handle most of those functions anyway and it didn't look like it was made of cheap clear lego)

• Members

Character: "I HATE YOU SO MUCH! I HOPE I NEVER LAY EYES ON YOU AGAIN! YOU'RE DEAD TO ME!"

Slow zoom in as we hear...

ConFusion singer: Wooooooah! Hey hey hey, Yeah, yeah, ooooooooooh!

Fade to black.

I hate having dramatic scenes played in ConFusion, if for no other reason, than the damn fashion model/runway show music cutting drama.

Archived