The Suds Report: Nov. 6, 2009

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"La Lucci will act as grand marshal diva whe she headlines The Hollywood Christmas Parade/Live Positively Sponsored by Coca-Cola. “I am thrilled and honoured to serve as the Grand Marshal of the 2009 Hollywood Christmas Parade,” Lucci said in a statement."

This made me LOL for some reason. Conjured up the SON words of the week: vapid, banal.

"—Which east-coast actress is trying to be BFFs with her new co-star because the rest of the cast hates her?"

Crystal Hunt and "Kim" on OLTL?

• Members

That's what I think. It sounds like her. I love Robin C. and I totally get where she's coming from on this but I still hope that she'll find it somewhere in her to return short-term to help DC with his exit. But if she wouldn't return for Herlie's funeral, then I guess I'm hoping for too much.

All of them? I'm guessing masturbation is a pretty active pastime with all the guys on soaps regardless of age. I'm also sure that plenty of actresses buy D batteries in bulk. That makes them the same as the rest of the people on this planet who aren't focused on surviving life in famine zones, disaster areas or at the North Pole. Oh wait! They're whacking off too! Who the hell cares?

• Members

I just had a horrible vision about that last BI. We can all draw our own conclusions. I just didn't need a few of those guesses in my mind.

In truth, though, I'm just tired of old Aunt Nelson. Ooh, a rug burn joke about Eric Martsolf, and then he goes on to try and lavish praise on the actors a few columns down. I'm sure they'll call you back!

• Members

I'm even more humorless than usual, but given all the violence against women, especially in this genre, telling a Chris Brown joke seems very strange to me.

I don't want to see what they would do to Skye, but I don't know why they can't bring Carrie Genzel back if they need Skye. They even have some killer scenes with her Skye and Adam/Stuart they could use for flashbacks. And she was the last Skye to live in Pine Valley.

• Members

Whether you agree with their logic or not, they don't want anyone but RC to play Skye now because she's the one who played her on every ABC show. Carrie Genzel was fired from the show at the time because, according to Felicia Behr, the audience "rejected her" because she wasn't RC. So it's RC or no Skye, although I could've seen Pratt luring one of his aging Melrose Place vixens to play the role had Jamie Luner really taken off as Liza....but not now.

• Members

If I'm a young actor, and I'm whacking off...I'm probably mortified to have been caught. Assuming I'm under 18, I'm probably beyond mortified.

To then have it broadcast to the entire TVGuide.ca readership...it just borders on cruelty.

I'm a big NB defender, in the sense that I believe he brings some bitchy humor, some light-in-dark-places... But going after kids is really awful. Not worth the snicker...

• Members

Didn't Pratt originally want Jamie Luner for Skye? Oh Beth Ehlers must be kicking herself now, if she'd got to play Liza she'd still have a job and Jamie Luner would be 'sexing' it up as the same character but with a different name.

• Members

All of the people who pushed RC through the various soaps are gone from ABC Daytime, I think. Given that she was basically wasted for 4 or 5 of the years she was at GH, and that Skye was also basically wasted at OLTL, I don't think she is such an invaluable presence that the role cannot be briefly recast. It's not like this character had a brilliant legacy on ABC Daytime once RC returned to the role. Her main purpose in these crossovers was the Linda Dano mother/daughter story that generally went nowhere fast.

I think by the time Carrie left the role, she had done a very good job with some of the absolute worst writing and storytelling on AMC up to that time. Brilliant moments like trying to suffocate a man while he still has an oxygen mask on. Given Felicia Behr's extremely flawed, at best, history of recasting, I don't really hold a lot of value in her view of actor replacement.

I would like to see Skye again before Adam is gone. I DO think Robin would have been necessary for Myrtle's funeral, as she was the one who had the scenes with Myrtle. I don't think Robin is necessary if they bring Skye back for the anniversary, or for David Canary's exit. And since ABC is more than happy to unload or dismiss their vets, I don't know why they'd object to doing that here. I guess they just don't care enough about Adam.

• Members

But where do you see that? The humour is - inexistent, the language and style shabby, worn off, lifeless, "jokes" from another age we've seen a thousand times. The structure is awful and there are no scoops.

Nothing about this popularity he has makes sense.

Archived