ALL: One-Hit Wonders

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I really enjoyed about her Cecile was her humor, along with the malice.

I didn't see much of Susan Keith's Cecile but she seemed much more humorless.

I loved the Donna/Cecile friendship, as they bonded over their loathing of common Sally Frame. Then Donna suddenly wasn't so friendly when Cecile used and discarded Peter Love.

• Members

Actually, Morris isn't a one-hit wonder. She played Amy on Y&R, Matt Clark's rape victim & subsequent "killer." She was green at first but by the end of her run, she had done some very nice, heavy-hitting work.

To tell you the truth, IIRC, Steve preferred Susan Keith's Cecile to Frangione's.

But I'll gladly back you up- Frangione is one bad bitch. "Trick or Treat"

• Members

Surprised to see no mention of Carrington Garland here. She was, IMO, the second best Kelly Capwell that "Santa Barbara" had...and resembled TV sister Marcy Walker very much.

I think I recall reading she had auditioned for other soap roles but it never came to be. Now, I know she is no longer acting. But I think it's a shame as she basically saved Kelly after Robin Wright left and the first awful recast, Kimberly MacArthur, took over.

I think SB made a huge mistake (in trying to save itself) by hiring a "name" in Eileen Davidson and ousting CG's Kelly because ED was far too old for the role. (And ED's remarks in SOW about Kelly gaining some brain cells after ED's hiring did little to endear me to her version.)

Oh well, hindsight, and all that...

• Members

We talked about her briefly in a Suds report thread a week or two ago that said Stephen Nichols needed to be paired with ED on Y&R because they were "popular" on SB. A fan said that she was not popular at all, and that Carrington was better.

I've never understood why they would cast such an extremely cold actress in the role of Kelly Capwell. I thought Carrington was underrated and deserved better.

• Members

WORD! Silly me not to think of her myself- I longed for Carrington to be snapped up on another soap and LOVED her as Kelly on SB. She rivaled Robin Wright as my fave Kelly. I was devastated when she was dropped in favor of Davidson, who was INCREDIBLY miscast in the part. IMO, it was the WORST soap recast of All-Time.

***Raises hand***

That fan was me! :)

Archived