ALL: One-Hit Wonders

• Members

How could I forget OLTL's Karen Witter as the new Tina Roberts in the early 90s. Andrea Evans had a very memorable and popular run as Tina in the late 80s but had to leave abruptly when she was stalked. Finding a successfly recast could have been a difficult project but the show did it in the form of Karen Witter. She was great and fans loved and warmed up to her. Its a shame that after she exited the role, she didnt go on to do anything else in daytime

OLTL's Florencia Lozano as Tea Delgado. Im glad she's back on the show but its ridiculous that she went so long without any other roles. I thought for sure she'd have been picked up

Another World's Paul Michael Valley as Ryan. All he had was a day player part on OLTL a few years ago which is a shame

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What did Nolan North say? I always loved Chris. The show never used him well. Now he does animated stuff.

PMV had a brief role on GL about 4 years ago but he has never gotten the success he deserved. He was so good he made it look too easy. Funny, yet also great at dramatics, and so gorgeous.

I forgot about Christine Tudor. I wish she had more luck after Loving. I think it was easy for soaps to ignore her powerhouse work because she wasn't a pretty young thing.

• Members

I loved Nolan North. I always thought it would have been easy for GH to move him over to that show as Chris or a new doctor. I also thought he would have made a great Jake on AMC. Apparently he isnt doing too bad for himself as he has a successful career as a voice actor

• Members

I liked Georgia well enough, she was OK. Mia on DAYS is similar to her, albeit greener.

I didn't really like Eddie. It was a non-stop ticfest with Eddie man. Man this. Man that. Too much huffing and puffing and anger. He drove too much story and as hot as Michael Woods was, I think having Alec + Reid on the show at the same time was too much. The show was very heavily focused on new characters at the time and it hurt.

• Members

Kover was actually hot as Chris, and he isnt my usual type of soap actor. I do however, thought that was the perfect opportunity to make him gay, as he gave that vibe off(which is funny as obviously now he is not gay, and he had great chemistry with every woman he was paired with) the only problem is they stuck him with that dowdy Abigail which totally desexed him, (and made him as said above look like a big perv.) I think he was totally beleivable as Chris Hughes a guy raised by Kim,and surrounded in his immediate and extended family with a group of strong women,such as Nancy, Lisa, Margo, etc. He came off as if he really liked women, and his relationship and protectiveness of Nancy was nice and different from most young soap studs.

I hated Jorgensen as Chris, not only did he talk as if he had marbles in his mouth, he had that think New YOIRK accent which was totally unbelieveable in midwestern Oakdale. (That overbite the kid had drove me crazy too, which was mean to say.)

• Members

Ugh! Tell me about it. She would have been great as Emily. I'll never forget how terrible Natalia Livingston's first scenes were as Emily. She was so terrible. Needless to see, she didn't grow as much either.

Archived