B&B: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not CBS daytime but primetime (re: last night's CSI)

Ashley Jones must have gotten a great contract upon her renewal. She's EVERYWHERE on primetime... She deserves it and maybe her divorce is a good thing since she's seems hellbent now to make it big. You go girl!

Back to B&B: Betty White and the Douglas sisters. Those days remind me how awesome B&B can be. Great masterpiece theatre.

• Members

You can't make it big on a few guest appearances. And at her age... :mellow: Isn't she over 30?

I didn't see yesterday's show, but I walked in halfway through today's show and I really wish they could dial it back a notch. With everything.

The tag was terrible. It reminded me of some elderly abuse PSA.

• Members

She probably is but I think being on TRUE BLOOD (I haven't started watching yet, but isn't she supposed to come back in season 3???) which is likely to sweep the Globes/Emmys next year make her somewhat red hot since she's still unattached for most priemtime viewers and really good-looking, yet being a great actress.

• Members

I think B&B wants to generate a true star to call their own so they probably gladly let AJ do whatever is offered to her. Plus with the frequency they use her, having the odd 1 week guest appearance probably has very little impact.

Agnes Bruckner was on Private Practice again last night. She looks so much like she could be KKL's daughter.

LOL at Anne wanting Medical Marijuana, never thought that would happen on a Bell soap.

• Members

LMFAO!

I think she's a sweet girl, don't get me wrong. I think her being Bridget has really tainted me being open-minded about her.

She IS pretty, I'll give you that.

Agreed. I love Lesli Kay, but there's no need to keep her on-contract when they won't use her.

Now, if only she could take Winsor Harmon to ATWT!

• Members

Oh please! It's very possible for Ashley Jones to make it big after 30. Trevor Donovan was a soap flop and is in a hit role on 90210. He's 31 playing a 16 year old. It's sick, but he's working. Also...let's not forget Joan Collins was almost 50 when she joined Dynasty and made it the #1 show on TV. How old was Felicity Huffman when she hit it big with Desperate Housewives? Sports Night was critically acclaimed but a total flop. And the biggest of all...VICTORIA ROWELL! She was over 30 when she joined the cast of Y&R, a mother AND she managed to simultaneously do Y&R, Diagnosis Murder and several films in the same time span.

I definitely think it's possible for Jones or anyone else in her age range to break out. It's all about luck after all, not talent. And it's happened a million times before.

• Members

Really? I find this whole tale flat and rushed. No emotional resonance. They talk about "forgiveness Christmas", and seen to forget Ann was on after that--when she negotiated for a high-cost apartment on the beach from Eric (yup, they forgot about that), and when she told Steph Pam was off her meds.

Having no build up to this tale makes it seem so much like some Lifetime movie about DNRs.

That was the one nice moment of the whole tale, so far, for me. I'm hoping next week brings more emotion.

Oh yes! Please send him to some other soap!

B&B confirms that on their official website. I think Don is the cat's meow, but I find this pic random. I wonder how the selection was made? I guess, with the beard and new character, he's sort of a testament to sexy reinvention at midlife. B&B achieved the same thing for ED's Ashley.

• Members

Hollywood is finally celebrating its 'timeless over 40 crowd' so I think AJ has a fair way to go before she's considered 'too old' to make it big. She's getting a lot of good press now and I can't see her with the BnB for too much longer (not that any soap has that much longer to go).

I WISH AMC would cast WH as 'Del' again, and throw him back at Kendall. I'd love to see WH onscreen again, and full time. I'm curious about what chemistry he might have with AM's Kendall.

Archived