B&B: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL..remember it's November sweeps too. I hadnt watched B&B since early August and tuned in today cause I am off from work. I thought the show was pretty good. I know some were complaining about the character dying too fast but it didnt bother me since i havent watched. I felt Betty White was dying too...lol....touching show.

• Members

I was going to watch this but she was already dead before I could tune in.

I wonder if we will get any of those "artistic" swimming with mermaids or Joker makeup, or whatever that was, dream sequences like we got with Katie and Storm...

• Members

I thought it was really not good that in the aftermath of Ann's death, Stephanie got an episode with her family...but no Pam.

Steffy quickly started lusting after Bill again. Sigh.

One truly senses that this is basically the end of it. Emmy shows are in the can; Ann will likely never get mentioned again.

• Members

What two episodes will they submit? Friday and Monday or Monday and Tuesday? I think they may have to simply go with Monday's episode because Friday and Tuesday weren't nearly strong enough. Overall I think this is a bust. Ann didn't need to die and I feel like her return was a waste. I wish she could just come every now and then and torment her daughters. When Stephanie eventually comes out I'd like Ann to be there making fun of her.

• Members

I think it was a 4 episode arc, not 2, but I'm wondering since Betty is 83, if she would have been up to a thirty day arc of episodes. Daytime is grueling. I understand B&B shoots 2 episodes her day. It's a lot for a lady of Betty's age to deal with, so maybe the show was just being considerate of her. Or maybe she didn't want to commit to more than a short return. There are always other considerations besides the usual "the writers are dropping the ball on this, or wouldn't it be more powerful if it had been stretched out?" I think Ann's return was in keeping with the character, and the show handled her death with beauty and grace. I can't help but compare all the hype about GH and James Franco, and tuning in to witness yet another mob shootout, and more senseless killing. I like how B&B used its "guest star" to share a human story. One that is identifiable to many in its audience. It's what soaps do best, and B&B did this one really well.

• Members

Pam just lost her mother (today?), and she is already onto this Catwalk bullsh!t??? Really? This is again what I hate about this show.

I also hate that Whip has been established as a seasoned PR professional...but his rival is this slip of a girl Steffy. What disrespect to Whip and his profession. And Texas Battle serves no function other than to stand in the sidelines and applaud??

I'd rather have death, suicide and heart transplants than this eyerolling stuff.

I'm also somehow uncomfortable with the internet dating stuff. My preference would be for it not to be a romance, but a cautionary tale about the kind of skeeves you can meet on the internet.

ETA: "Leisure suit" and "Medical Profession" cued it for me...is Taylor's date that geek from the lab who was after Bridget??

Why couldn't they have used Thorne, Rocco, or Jake for this internet date role?

ETA2: Brad Bell is trying to run Hunter Tylo off this show, isn't he??

Archived