B&B: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, it was Taylor. That was one of the things she told Ridge about after she came back from the dead the last time (the other was kissing Hector) and he called her a hypocrite since she's done nothing but make derogatory remarks about Brooke through the years.

I think she tried to tell him shortly after it happened in a letter, but Stephanie hid it. That's when she went down in a plane crash and ended up with Prince Omar the first time.

Brooke was involved with James though, they were even engaged, so maybe that's what made you confused.

• Members

In my opinion, everything after that happened to Taylor after that...Princess Leila...tuberculosis and twins...the Sheila death...wax doll rebirth...pathetic alcoholism and drunk driving...Hector deception...insta-romance with Nick...scrambled eggs...poor acting with Phoebe's death...all of it feels like a steady destruction of the once sensible and natural Taylor.

To watch her now, ignoring her cosmetic changes, is still to see someone who has lost her connection to natural human emotions, and who compensates with over-gesticulation and her so-called "Chicken Dance" maneuvres. I loved this character and actress...I loved her as a blonde on All My Children...she briefly captured my interest on DOOL...I thought she was a perfect followup to Caroline Spencer...same authenticity and lack of trampery, yet very different from Joanna Johnson (so not an obvious replacement).

But it has been a war of attrition ever since, for actress and character. Now I just wish she could leave...and leave us with the better memories.

Dating the Geek. Really? Even if the long-story is to show us he has charms we didn't know about...how can we waste time on this while Whip and (pointlessly returned) Rocco and Jake and (though I don't care for him) Thorne all languish? What a waste.

• Members

I haven't seen this weeks episodes yet, so you're telling me Taylor's love interest isn't Thorne or Whip? Who is this geek? Speaking of, whatever happened to Bridget's geeky friend Carl? Is that who this is? I really enjoyed him and thought there was genuine potential for a story there. I guess if Taylor's love interest isn't a major character then this probably won't amount to much. I assumed it was be Thorne since Winsor Harmon said he was getting a new storyline. For a long time I haven't associated this character with Taylor. This trainwreck is more like Hunter Tylo. Just like people call Christel Khalil's Lily by the actress' name, that's how I feel about Taylor. She's such a disaster than it's impossible for me to believe that this is Taylor. I just laugh and her and try to forget. She's a total joke at this point. I agree it would probably be best to write her off. I don't think there is any coming back for her at this point.

• Members

I think Mark assumed by the polyester pants and Taylor's look that her love interest is CARL the janitor.

This would make his recent appaerance with Bridget also a little less randomn. I'd also prefer Taylor hooking up with Whip but maybe a tiny little fun story with Carl (kinda like Kay Alden did on Y&R with Nina and Kyle (?), who was extremely tall) could help to ground Taylor as a character again.

• Members

I think it was the week prior... Nick & Bridget were at the fertility clinic and Carl just popped up and promised to keep an good eye on all proceedings.

It should be Carl cause in the previews it says "Taylor's Internet date backfires when the person turns out to be from a painful time in her past!"

• Members

Hmmmm

Could this lead to the reveal that little Baby Jack is really Bridget and Nick's? That the "B. Marone" who donated the eggs was not Brooke? (I know there was DNA testing, but on soaps this is flawed, and Budge is Brooke's daughter). I'm not sure that is relevant for anything now...but I sort of wonder if it might play in to Sandy Sommers storyline.

• Members

Oh, I can't believe you brought that one up!

And then the actor (Paul Satterfield, who is good to look at) laater went to destroy OLTL with Dena Higley as Spencer!

Worse than the hypnosis, don't you recall, was when Pierce decided to SING A SONG TO TAYLOR at a party?? Worst, most cringeworthy stuff ever. Satterfield was shocked to be fired so quickly, but I definitely appreciated how quickly Brad acted on that misbegotten storyline.

As for "the guy who wrote Evergreen"...Paul Williams! I rmember being shocked that Bill Bell named his new young hero after this guy...why not a different surname?? It makes me wonder if the Bells are close to/like this fella personally.

paul-williams1248789021.jpgpaulsatterfield.jpg

• Members

The only part of the story I remember was when Taylor was hypnotized into believing she was back to being a teenager, and she went around the house in an outfit that was probably only what a '70s teenage girl wore in some writer's mind.

I also remember that Paul Williams seemed to play the story in complete lust with Ridge.

I wondered at the time if Tylo or someone else may have wanted to send a message about the dangers of psychiatry. I don't know.

The Christian soap Another Life did a memorable story on that subject. Can you imagine this woman messing with the Logan and Forrester headcases:

• Members

B&B needs a new younger female character. I love JMW, but I wish they'd stop trying to insert Steffy into every storyline.

I didn't have a problem with that. At least they acknowledged that in the script (Donna noticing that Pam had been crying) and didn't just ignore it.

• Members

Brooke: What is this?

Steph: I think its a necklace. I sat on it on the sofa.

Brooke: Well, what does it have to do with Rick?

Steph: Well, I just assumed it would be his cause, you know ... does he wear that kind of jewelry?

Brooke: No. I don't think so.

Steph: Well then, one of his girlfriends. He's been known take a few of them up there, you know, have a little hoochie coochie!

LMAO!!!!!

I don't know which was funnier: Hearing Steph talk about some hoochie coochie or Taylor's love match being Carl.

Archived