B&B: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ABSOLUTELY. Seeing the two of them framed by that natural light (with the bright spots aimed at all the houses to make things brighter) was ... breathtaking. Breathtaking!

The wedding was a big eye roll for me so far (bridesmaids gowns? Sergei mincing all over the Forrester mansion? Eric and Stephanie getting drunk...well...that could be fun. Justin having carved his initials in a tree with Donna...would he REALLY have done something so sappy??). But I like how clearly they're showing that Bill-Katie are unsuited, but also organically linking in some other plots (Justin and Donna down memory lane; Beth and Stephen down memory lane).

And because the whole 'Van Nuys parkette" idea is so FUNNY...in the end...I stop rolling my eyes and assume that the intent of these episodes was that the audience should be in on the joke.

If B&B would pull a Peapack and shoot everything outdoors--which they do BEAUTIFULLY--I'd be a happier camper :).

• Members

Wow no Steffy? What a shock. I thoguth for sure she'd show up and cause trouble

Anyone else annoyed that Bill didnt wear a jacket? I hated that all the other men were more dressed up than him and its his wedding

Who'd bright idea was it to dress the Logan women in bubblegum pink?

• Members

According to LK

I don't know what to think about the wedding. I noticed they managed to heist some vintage Y&R shots of young Heather Tom...but I'm kind of over Katie's perpetual whine about being the "lonely unpopular Logan".

I felt sorry for all the actressses, trying to walk on a lawn in four inch heels.

I think Joanna Johnston's forgotten she's not Caroline---I know Karen's been gone a long time, but she seem very sophisticated now.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when Steph wished Katie happiness. It's so not like her.

I see ATWT isn't the only one not inviting family members to family events...where were Budge and Rick in all of this?

• Administrator

I'm such a sap, so I really liked the ending of Friday's show with Jordin Sparks' "This Is My Now" playing for the montage, the shots everyone so happy, the young Heather Tom in the bedroom (that was so cool! I wonder who remembered that Y&R scene....probably Kay Alden?), and then the last shot from inside the bedroom. Awesome job, Michael Stich! B&B always does great location shoots.

• Members

How fully has B&B appropriated Heather Tom? Now (brilliantly) they have even stolen her legacy scenes. Y&R threw away Victoria, but B&B has claimed her. I loved those scenes.

Faith (Joanna's real returning character) was a corn pone bust. Even during that misguided run, they quickly reverted to her "birth" name (Karen), blonded her up, and she suddenly lost the twang. So, morphing Faith/Karen into Caroline really happened long ago.

I loved the martini/caviar downing, and the bon mots at the house. Stephanie has always had a fond spot for Katie (since Heather Tom joined)...so I liked that.

I wondered where the extended family was too. But this was a nice departure location, with a lot of humor ("Bill Spencer getting married in a public park??")...so I'm fine with it all.

Yes, that was a nice ending. I too wondered if Alden -- or even Tom -- remembered those scenes. At first I thought that was her Swiss boarding school...but I think that was supposed to be Victoria's room at the ranch. She was either pining over Ryan, wishing her parents would be reunited, or lamenting sex with Ryan. I wonder which of those it was.

• Members

I liked the wedding. I haven't believed that a couple was really in love on B&B in a long time. I was surprised at the flashbacks of the young Heather Tom. The montage was very well done. I disliked the Katie and her bridemaids' wedding dresses though.

• Members

Compared to the transformation of Katie which happen off-screen in 3 years, a sophistaced Karen is easy to stomach. As Mark mentioned this already largely happened one or two years into Karen's (extremely unpopular/pointless) run...

Back to the actual show: what an awesome, awesome location shoot/wedding. Kay Alden, I assume all this was mostly her work, fullfilled her Heater Tom appreciation to the fullest. Really nice.

• Members

I did love the fact that the BnB staff pulled YnR footage to give us a young daydreaming Katie (clearly that was Victoria Newman Footage). That was sweet - and considering how they've tortured us by having HT's Katie remember her acne covered face as they tried to make a 'plot' out of it. I won't even criticize the fact that their 'young Katie' wasn't the same as the 'young katie' who recounted her years of acne horror to Nick... before she betrayed Bridget by sleeping with him... ok, just a little criticism. I loved the rest of it.

Archived