SON Member Steve Frame

rcsnj

• Members

Steve's partner Gil asked that the following be shared with all of Steve's friends. It brought a smile to my face. I'm glad I had a chance to get to know Steve...he touched my life immeasurably.

To each of my friends out there in the world. Each day you came into my life. We laughed together. We talked. We communed. We talked soaps, movies, TV, sex.............you name it and we probably discussed it at some point. Some of us have even cried together. We shared our lives. I am thankful that in some way I got to know each and every one of you. You helped me so much. And I hope in some way I might have even helped you. I just want you each to know how much you were appreciated and how much you were loved. Thanks so much for all you did for me and all you shared with me and all you gave to me.

Love, Steve

Gil also shared the following quotes from poems that Steve loved:

Remember me with smiles,

Because your smiles helped get me through.

They gave me peace and comfort,

And hope to hold on to.

Remember me with laughter,

It was precious for me to hear.

It took away the pain I suffered,

It took away my fear.

And then this one:

Remember me with smiles and laughter,

For that's the way I'll remember you all.

If you can only remember me with tears,

Then don't remember me at all.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So sorry for the loss that the many who loved Steve have suffered today. Especially Gil, who sounds like such a truly dedicated partner.

Steve always had such intelligent commentary, I always looked forward to his responses, there was such a wealth of history those who run soaps today couldn't begin to contemplate.

As Rachel Cory learned with her Steve Frame, I'm sure he will never be too far away.

• Members

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear this. May he rest in perfect peace. My thoughts and prayers are with Steve's loved ones.

Was Steve also a member over at WoST? I feel like I remember him from somewhere other than SON.

• Members

I'm so sorry to hear that Steve passed. He and I chatted by PM and I felt like I knew him very well. He was an intelligent person with a passionate, but realistic view about the soaps. I appreciated his tolerance of people did not share his view points and willingness to communicate with them in order to build a bridge. I feel this loss even though I only knew him online. I am glad to read that generous message of love from him. My condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in Peace, my friend.

• Members

This is really awful news! Steve was a wonderful guy who added so much to these boards over the years. He was one of the most charming and intelligent people I've had to pleasure of reading. A true soap legend. I'll miss his great insights about soaps of yesteryear. I wish his family the best and they have my deepest sympathies. I can only imagine how hard this is for them. He's a great guy and I'm sure loved by many.

R.I.P. Steve Frame

• Members

I am deeply saddened by this news. Steve Frame was truly one of a kind and was one of the main reasons I came back to SON. We formed a friendship online over the years and while we hadn't communicated much lately, I still very much feel the loss. You could just tell that he was a wonderful, good-hearted person- I agree with whoever commented on the tolerance and respect he showed to other posters, even if they weren't reciprocating. I'm so glad he shared his knowledge of soaps and his life with all of us. My heart goes out to his family, particularly his partner and his children. One thing is for sure: Steve Frame will be very much missed and not soon forgotten.

Archived