SON Member Steve Frame

rcsnj

• Members

I know that Steve appreciates all the wonderful notes of encouragement. I emailed a slew of them from here and Facebook to his partner Gil. Gil said he'd share the messages with Steve. I'll definitely let folks know if I hear more.

Robb

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have an update on Steve Frame. Gil shared with Steve all the emails and messages he has received over the past week. Steve was happy to hear from everyone and it really lifted his spirits. According to Gil, Steve has already received over 200 emails wishing him the best.

On Tuesday, Steve started building up fluid and had to be hospitalized. He also developed pneumonia. And, unfortunately, things have worsened in the past few days. The doctor met with Steve yesterday to confirm Steve's living will that should his heart fail, he will not be revived. Yesterday, he started having a difficult time breathing and is now on oxygen. According to Gil, at this point, chances are about 50/50 for Steve to pull out of this. Steve is back at his sister's home with a nurse caring for him.

In his email, Gil said, "All I can say is whatever your beliefs please right now just pray and send those good thoughts out to Steve, because he really needs them right now."

Robb

• Members

All my best to Steve Frame. We older guys have to stick together and he has always been so easy to stick to. I look forward to your return, SteveFrame. We can trade stories about our war wounds, or better let's not. Let's just talk about soaps and how we survive them.

• Members

I'm sorry about the stroke and now the pneumonia. I also have enjoyed SteveFrame's posts about classic soaps and will definitely be keeping him and his partner in my thoughts! Thank you for keeping us updated and for having passed on the messages to him.

• Members

I am very saddened to here this news. I like many others have had the joy of reading Steve's posts throughout the past few years here at SON and at other boards. I even had the privileged of having one to one conversations with him a few years back when we were both staff members here. He is a wonderful person and has a great knowledge for this genre we love so much here. My thoughts are with him and his family. I will be praying he can beat this.

Archived