Y&R episode discussion

• Members

Now, THAT I can agree with. It's just that this whole last couple week for both of them have been so dismal it's shocking. And what you talked about is what a good actor is SUPPOSED to do, when the motivation isn't clear, you FIND ONE. But recently, there has been all KINDS of motivation, and Melody is the only one who's carrying her weight (no pun intended) .

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Would it carry a bigger impact?

If I look at the chain of events:

- Colleen noses around the cabin and finds a crazy woman.

- During a commercial break, the crazy woman ties her up, and the sequence is so laughable that the actress has to bite down on her own gag to keep it in her mouth.

- Colleen gets away, in the middle of the night, because of a spider bite to the crazy woman.

- Colleen hits her head, OFFCAMERA, and then drowns for an entire episode.

Is this going to make viewers want to see what happens next?

I think that the show's blatant spoiling about Victor being shot and getting Colleen's heart got the ratings boost. Those scenes were laughable, they made Dark Shadows seem like high drama, and if people didn't know what was going to happen next they probably would have tuned back out. Instead they stayed around for the big death orgy.

• Members

If I hadn't been spoiled on CC's death I think I would have resented the show more than I do right now. They seemed to be dropping soap anvil after anvil leading us to think she would recover and then she doesn't. It was just all kinds of wrong, imo. At the same time, I'm starting to just get over it. In the sense that I will soon disengage completely if they keep up the pace of pain and suffering.

It's clear to me that TIIC don't really understand the audience's connection to these characters. If they did, they'd know that we grieve with and for these people. I'm not exactly a huge Sharon fan, but when I see her weeping for her child, it makes me tear up for her. When Traci cried for Colleen, that breaks my heart and Nikki can even make me feel bad for Victor or maybe just feel bad that Nikki feels bad about Victor. The problem is, it's just all too much. They have blown through about 2 years of story in a week. One good, heartbreaking story is great, but when everything on the show is grief, it just feels like I'm watching some sort of torture movie. "Saw XXIV Genoa City: This Time It's Personal". I'm just not into that. I don't like feeling like I've been kicked in the stomach after I watch.

All I can say is that Beth/Traci saved this entire two weeks for me, actually Sharon Case and MTS as well, but in a different way. I even liked Billy Miller this week because if nothing else he was saying what I was thinking. Or at least what my darker side was thinking. I liked that they used Billy to give a voice to that part of the audience that hates the idea of Victor getting CC's heart. It was also a nice contrast to Traci, who is one of the few character's on the show that I really believe is capable of being so selfless and generous as to even consider helping Victor in this situation. I thought her scenes in the chapel were very touching and true to the character. Bringing Traci back full time would go along way towards making me a happy viewer again, but of course they won't. Women in her age group have to be all about their children and Traci doesn't have any now. :(

• Members

I don't want Traci back under These writers. They don't care about the Abbotts that one strike against her. & she was married to Brad that's two strike against her. I just feel they already planing her death scene where Victor gets one of her lungs. As we type we want Traci to stay.

• Members

Traci would be killed because she is in a car with a drunk Jack or Billy. Probably Billy, and Jack would take the wrap, and we would get more of it's all Jack's fault. And Billy wouldn't remember, so he'd blame Jack too. They could say this is honoring the "history" of when Snapper took the wrap for killing his father.

• Members

Victor will be the person they hit. He's in the car with Abby. Abby gets aphasia and can no longer speak. Victor is furious. He keeps quiet because he hates Jack so much he wants him to pay. Then, after months of torment, he comes clean about Billy's involvement. Everyone tells him he is a hero.

• Members

Good question. I think no, but her doctor, if she ever sees a legitimate one, would probably think her milk just didn't

come in. That's within the realm of possibility. Of course, Ashley being lucid and still thinking she has given birth when she hadn't isn't possible. When you give birth you know it and you sure as hell know when you haven't, if you ever have. :lol: I'm going to stop myself from going on a rant about how this show has no respect for it's audience, since we all know that we left the realm of realism long ago.

• Members

I would think she'd be lactating but rich women don't breast feed anyways so what does it matter? I can just imagine the stink that would be caused if they showed Ashley breast feeding Sharon's baby.

-checked on wikipedia and although hysterical pregnancy is more common in dogs and cats, those animals do lactate and build nests, so it is probably the same for humans.

• Members

Let me guess...Sharon also becomes a psycho nanny, planting evidence that makes Ashley think the black dayplayer maintenance guy is a panty stealing freak, Sharon rigs a greenhouse to shatter on someone who comes close to discovering the truth, etc...

• Members

That might actually make Sharon interesting again.

I think instead we will have Sharon "know" she has a bond with this baby. Meanwhile, Ashley "knows" this is not her baby. To block this out of her head, she turns against Sharon more and more, until Sharon is finally committed again. Meanwhile, Adam is bedding Ashley and working feverishly to keep the baby with her. Nick will sneak into the asylum to visit Sharon, and pork her.

• Members

As much as I disagree with the death of Colleen,and the transplant story,I think the beats of the story were played out well.Everybody who should have been involved was,and got a chance to 'shine'.

Of course,BM held the whole thing together.It would have been good to have a mention of the grandmothers eg Rebecca is praying for Colleen,or we've not been able to contact Dina etc,but overall I think it was well done.

To have the baby switch playing at the same time is overkill,as previously stated.The basic premise is extremely flawed and the playout onscreen was loaded with contrivances.

Remember when Ashley first discovered she was pregnant it was speculated it might be in her mind?Something about the scripts and Eileen's performance hinted at that.That would have been a better place to go.

Why did Ashley go into 'labour' at that point?Was it the mention of the other patient?At the hospital,Ashley had a loose top and didn't look overly pregnant but at the home she had a beachball thing going on.

What sort of place is it anyway?The patient Adam helped escape seemed quite disturbed.Would she be in the same facility as Sharon and Ashley?

This baby switch thing will go on for months and really damage the show.

• Members

I completely agree.

Indeed. Especially since last we knew was that Ashley was infertile anyway.

I'm not sure I agree. Why do you say that? With the contrivance of the actual switch over, I think having this baby in our midst that only the audience and Adam know is really Sharon's is quite intriguing. I think Sharon will make bad choices and ... yes ... "have a feeling" about Faith. I think Ashley will rebuild her life without Victor. I think Nick will get distracted in a rivalry with Adam. I think they'll now backfill and deepen the critical relationships.

I realize many of you hate babyswitches ON PRINCIPLE. I also agree that for this show, at this time, they probably shouldn't have gone here. But they did. And so now, since those can be extraordinarily strong stories when done right, I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

I remember how great it was when Sharon was reunited with her first daughter -- thought lost to her for all time. And I remember how Nick and Sharon celebrated after realizing that Noah was NOT dead as a newborn (remember, they thought he died, and ran away to grieve together?). Those were amazing moments. I like that Nick and Sharon will...hopefully six years from now...get another amazing moment.

Archived