Y&R episode discussion

• Members

But I don't think Chloe is doing any of this for money. I think she's genuinely in love with Billy, but he sees her as one of his extended flings and doesn't love her in the way she wants him to love her.

I agree, but the way they've written it thus far, I never bought that Billy was ever in love Chloe and he's just seen her as a stalker-type fling that lasted a bit longer than his usual flings.

Personally, I now think Delia was a mistake and Billy and Chloe should have never been made parents this soon.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With Chole/Billy, were they ever really a "couple?" Billy seems to have seen their initial meeting as an extended fling, where she developed feelings, but he didn't.

And then when he got back to Genoa City, they only got married because she was pregnant and he wanted custody of Delia. Even then, he wasn't in love with and couldn't stand to be around his "stalker." He was either screwing with Sharon, or pining for Mac.

• Members

I agree, but we are talking about two different things. You are talking about what is and I'm talking about potential. I don't think Billy loves Chloe now. I'm saying I think he has feelings for her (why else did he hesitate to sign the divorce papers) and it could develop down the road. At this point there is no reason for him to love her, especially with his first love in the picture and available. Chloe's done a lot of underhanded things. Billy started off as her mark, she wanted a Chancellor for the money and prestige. She was gold digging. Then along the way to doing that she fell for him, but that didn't stop her from going for the next Chancellor in line and claiming him as the father.

I'm just hoping that before too long Mac and Billy discover that what they had is now gone.

I do think he's attracted by the challenge and later on that could turn into something more. That seems to be what Chloe is counting on by dating Chance. I just hope she's right and it works otherwise we are going to be stuck with two boring couples. They set up for Chloe/Chance is a good one, don't get me wrong, but Chance is such a lackluster character, I want someone more interesting and charismatic for Chloe.

I have mixed feelings about Delia. I think they used her to explain why Chloe has changed, but making Billy and Chloe parents this early on wouldn't have been my fist choice either.

• Members

I think they brought Mac back way too soon in retrospect. They should have had Billy and Chloe first getting married for the sake of getting custody of Delia, but eventually having them fall in love and being a stable couple for a while. Then Mac could have returned and be a spoiler for the couple.

At this point, I think they have no idea what to do with the Mac character, which is a shame. So everything about her relates to her relationship with Billy. From day one since her return, everything about Mac has been about Billy. While it's understandable since they had left over baggage, Billy is a lot more defined outside of his relationship with Mac than Mac is outside of that relationship.

Chance is just a botched and bland character. He should have stayed in Iraq until we got better writers who know how to properly develop characters. All we know about Chance is that he's a nice guy and a virgin, and that's all. How lame.

• Members

I agree and it's a huge shame. I have always loved Mac. She is the one character they should have no problem writing outside a pairing. She's always been about more than her own selfish concerns. I hated it that she hooked up with Billy before his divorce. I really wnat them to go back to the roots of this character and find something for her to do. Maybe relaunch the rec center or a women's shelter or something. She needs a career that fits her character.

• Members

Fair enough. Well played, MarkH.

But I haven't heard this nickname until they were preparing to kill her character off. So why even bother bringing this nickname back to create some sort of connection between Billy/Colleen when the writers were never interested in doing that with Tammin's Colleen from the get-go?

• Members

I think the only reason they even brought her back is because they had some type of "good girl gone bad" story in mind for her, like what Sheffer did with Jennifer Munson at ATWT. I think there was supposed to be some type of great drama in their mind over her dumping "good" Raul for "bad" Billy, and having sex with him while he was married. It never really came across well onscreen.

• Members

they had no plan for Mac from the time they brought her back. They brought her on for Billy, to show how amazing he is and how everyone loves him and how charming he is and blah blah blah. she was brought in to prop and pimp a character who didnt need it.

if they were smart they would tell a family storyline with Mac, Kay, Jill, Murphy, etc... because that family has a great dynamic. Or test her around, you never know when something when click.

• Members

This was just criminal. Most unintentionally funny moment ever: They tried to make sense in regards to Lily's weak imune system but it just looked like "Y&R: The Afghanistan Edition"...

Better late than ever:

MVP status for Colleen's death belongs to Beth Maitland who's always great and Greg Wrangler who really impressed me. Whereas I thought Thad Luckinbill made the best with the little (WTF? I hate JT but Colleen & JT were a big story) material he got, Peter Bergman and Billy Miller failed on parts to deliver.

• Members

Chloe/Chance as a potential couple have enamored so many people (and I'm not one of them) that they have ignored the sheer weirdness of Chance's virginal issue. LOL! Honestly, does anyone even question why the writers would put such a thing in the script? It's gotta be a plot point for SOMETHING! The writers couldn't possibly have thought that it would be simply CUTE or HOT to make a tall and attractive man who looks 30 a virgin! One post I read even suggested that Chance might be asexual!

Archived