Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So I was bingeing old Hollywood Graveyard episodes on YouTube, when a visit to Santa Barbara Cemetery in one showed the final resting spot of Christopher Bernau, who naturally played Alan Spaulding. Here is that video. For a cemetery, it seems peaceful, and right near the ocean [if you watch from the start!]. I marked the video at Bernau's segment, though.

• Members

I'm sure part of it is that there are huge gaps in what I can find online (and both Clarke and Kincaid took breaks from the show more than I remembered), but DAMN. Vanessa tells him she's pregnant, and Billy's barely listening to her because he's suddenly obsessed with getting Reva out of the family (she's just married HB.) DAMN DAMN DAMN Pam Long and her obsession with Reva's magic vajayjay. Now I'm watching 89-90, and Billy's convinced he was still in love with Reva. JFC. And no one except Josh ever gets to read Reva for filth. SMH.

Man, I thought ATWT's Jack and Carly had it rough. Vanessa put up with a lot of BS from Billy, that's for sure.

• Members

Lezlie Dalton looked amazing on Star Trek! I had no idea she was on Guiding Light! Only after imdb-ing her did I learn she was on from 1977-1981. I'm happy to see that some of her time on the show is online, especially from 1979 and 1980. Her vibe on GL was so different than on Star Trek; on GL she's much more soft spoken and less aggressive. Interesting too to see a young Cindy Pickett on these shows with her; I'm familiar with Cindy from the later years of St. Elsewhere. A shame how their story and characters were never really mentioned on GL in its later years!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I was watching some of yet another Locher Room, this one a recent interview with Kassie DePaiva and her husband James from OLTL. Kassie isn't usually one to talk against anyone in public but she does mention that Grant Aleksander and Michael O'Leary were nice to her 'at times' and that at others they could be 'mean little shits' and she was never comfortable at GL. I had never heard of GA having that rep with anyone other than Judi Evans (and maybe Crystal Chappell) but it's clear the fratboy antics with Judi alone would let not fly today.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I feel like the Vanessa pre-Billy couldn't have been viable as a long-term character, although I don't really care for some of what they did with her in that timeframe (like the pill addiction and running over Reva).