Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I downloaded Halloween Ends and converted it to HEVC, but I haven't had the chance to watch it yet. I'm kinda skimming it over and these were the only screenshots I could take, lol!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

As a big Halloween fan (the original) I can say..its sucks.  FF the whole thing and go to the last 20 minutes which is how they should have ended the 2018 reboot and left it at that.

Why anyone in Haddonfield would celebrate Halloween, and not just lock their doors and wait for Nov. 1st....

• Members

Oh boy! This was a good episode. 

Holly/Roger/Mindy/Alex/Fletcher/Chelsea--boy that is some love sexagon. 

I did not know that they were teasing Fletcher/Chelsea. Did it go any further? If it did, I am interested to see how Maureen reacts as Fletcher carried a torch for her for the longest. 

Roger and Holly... my forbidden fruit. My favorite soap couple that didn't get the ending they deserved. So chaotic and self-destructive individually and together. When Roger uttered the breakdown of their relationship, "She loved me once and it's a thin line (between love and hate)..." it sent chills down my spine. I watch these 2 go on and on. 

Poor Billy. I do love that Ed was used to provide counsel with his alcoholism. 

• Members

@RavenWhitney Robert Calhoun was EP until July 1991. Pamela Long was HW until December 1990.

The EP/HW teams in the first half of the 1990s were Calhoun/Long June 1989 to December 1990, Calhoun/Nancy Curlee January 1991 to July 1991, JFP/Curlee July 1991 to March 1994. I don't know who the HW was for the remainder of JFP's run (March 1994 to May 1995) as I didn't watch those episodes.

• Members

What would you have done with them?

GL late 80s EPs:

Joe Willmore 1986-1989

Robert Calhoun 1989-1991

JFP 1991-1995

Michael Laibson 1995-1996

Paul Rauch 1996-2002

John Conboy 2002-2004

Ellen Wheeler 2004-2009

HW: Curlee/Demorest/Reilly were co-HWs & they thought they were gonna mess with their heads because they wrote so differently, so they joined together to present a united front. When Curlee & Demorest left it was because she was pregnant. They wanted to come back but she got pregnant again. So, time has gone by & he's writing with another partner, books, I think, and she misses the collegiality of writing serial drama with other writers.

GL HW 1995-1996 Megan McTavish

GL HW 1996-1997 Victor Miller, Michael Conforti, Nancy Williams Watt

GL HW 1997-1998 James Harmon Brown & Barbara Esensten (RIP)

Edited by Tonksadora