Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Sam feels like one of those character that was created by one writer, so future writers didn't want to re-visit her due to WGA issues.

I agree that she was a blank slate for a comeback, as she could have grown in many directions during her time away from Springfield.  In fact, I think she could have been a great antagonist for either Cassie or Dinah.

However, once Ross was gone, and given that Phillip didn't return until the end, her place within the familial structure was tenuous. 

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Samantha was the first long time (as in three or more years) character to be written out during JFP's run. IIRC she didn't even get a proper exit story, just a mention of leaving town to attend law school.

JFP put Dylan in the expanded young adult set with Hart, Bridget, Kat, Julie, David. Perhaps Bridget, Kat, Julie made Samantha not necessary in JFP's vision for the show, who knows.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Alright, I've gone all the way back to page 724 from page 729 post by post looking for the question about Beverlee in brown hair. I've not found it. Anyway, information floats so I'm just going to post it here.

Scott McKinsey

Yes. I assume you’re referring to the GL period when HB was wooing Alexandra. My mom had a bad reaction with her hair coloring dye, and literally lost some of her hair! So, she wore a wig until her hair grew back. Why she chose brown vs blonde, I don’t recall

I thanked Scott & commiserated with Beverlee because it is NO FUN when your hair product turns on you! Scott's very comfortable discussing her with us, with us adoring her & everything.

• Members

I am assuming this is when we're the show threw Holly into Daniel's orbit. I hope more episodes from this era pop up. 

Can I just say that I miss at lot of the female characters from this era of GL? Holly, Gilly, KM's Mindy, Alexandra, Vanessa, Blake, Maureen... This show was endearing with strong, complex working women. All of them being ambitious and juggling complex personal lives with an even more complex work life. I miss this era of the show. I miss this era of soaps. Now that I am older and am experiencing workplace drama, I appreciate dramas like this even more. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Are you likely to see the movie? I just don't do horror any more & I would love to hear how he was! He & Jerry verDorn (in the last project he worked in) were so funny in Venicetheseries Season 6 as this pair of "down home" country types of handymen!!

Edited by Tonksadora
add pic