Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If I recall right I think Aleksander started around in June 1982 around the same time as Phil McGregor started as Freddy/Rick. 

Edit: Oh I see someone posted it above!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Thank you!

You answered a question I was going to ask. I am watching the 1979 Christmas episode and I was who the hell is Freddie?..lol

Also who is the old man with Bert and who is Peter? I don't recall them although it been years since I've seen this episode.

• Members

Yes. The older man is Dr. Steve Jackson, who was the late Leslie Bauer's father. Thus, he is Rick Bauer's grandfather. Peter Chapman was a doctor and involved with Holly. He was played by the late Curt Dawson who also played DA Zack Colton on Another World.

• Members

And I could watch Maureen Garrett play anything. No histrionics or annoying tics, always a believable and realistic performance.

It's sometimes hard to reconcile this Holly with the one who returned a decade later, but the heart of the character was always there and Maureen never phoned it in.