Y&R: Episode discussion for week of July 27

• Members

I believe Deacon explained it like this: "You know, I had a lot of time to think while I was getting sober. ... and I realized I missed me. I missed "Playing the game," so to speak, and I definitely missed playing it with my favorite partner."

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. Like it's so hard to write a good old-fashioned love story or a triangle. Plus, if they no longer know how to write for the couple then split them up and pair up with someone else.

• Members

Eh. Weak. One line coming from a character that's basically new to me (I've never followed B&B closely) does not show me much motivation or back story. I need more, Damn it! :)

Yeah, I think you're right. I believe they are all very capable actors/actresses, and given the right material they could carry the story. It's a shame.

• Members

I find the character writing on the show to be horrible lately to the point where I no longer feel like I know who any of these characters are. This show it totally plot-driven at the moment, and no I have no problem with plots being explored, but there has to be some balance, and there isn't right now.

• Members

Scoobies need to buy an orphaned diseased puppy, nurse him back to health, then proceed to fall into random adventures, due to the puppy's mysterious ability to communicate telepathically with them.

The puppy would work like Charlie on Charlie's Angels: informing them on all of these dangerous missions; but, he secretly despises all of the scoobies and eventually leads them into a premature demise.

Then, the puppy would marry Humphrey and perpetuate Dru's spirit would live on forever. <sigh>

• Members

Seems the stories ideas may be generated something like this.

Maria gets a call from Thom Bierdz whose says he would like to come back to the show. She likes him and loves the Chancellors so decides to rewrite P3's death and by the way can clear up that pesky Cane phone call under LML's regime, further prop Cane and the Cane/Lily pairing who apparently are now the show's definition of true love, and bring in a young star from GL they were able to pick up to play P4.

Then the actor playing Deacon has a lunch meeting with Rauch and mentions he is looking for work and asks if Y&R can use him. He says he will let him know and voila, Deacon gets shoehorned into this Amber story probably because Sheffer loves writing for the Scoobies and likes the bad boys.

To give Maria and Rauch the benefit of the doubt, both these actors went through some tough times in their personal lives and maybe they want to give them a second chance. In theory that is nice, but as a fan of vets languishing on the backburner I want some effort put into writing for them before bringing these actors on. Hopefully, they will only be around for short stays.

• Members

Exactly. They're both recurring so I hope it mean something. But then again it could mean nothing.

If they listen to their fans, the writers will have to eventually realize that these two are the most hated on the show at the moment.

• Members

There's hope if you are a Chancellor fan. Most of the actors brought on under Bell's regime are connected to the Chancellors. In a way, Lily and Neil are also being connected to the Chancellors now that Jill and Katherine have forgiven Cane and Neil is running CI. Even the Scoobies are more connected to Katherine than their own families. This fall and winter, Katherine acted as surrogate grandmother to both Amber and Kevin.

• Members

According to the law in most states, any sexual act under duress, like sex under blackmail for example, is considered rape. Not to mention how nasty and demeaning Deacon was in those scenes, forcing her to wear that purple lingerie and yelling at her to get into bed.

But then again, this is the same debate which continues to linger on with DAYS fans in regards to EJ/Sami.

Archived