AMC: Beth Ehlers Vs. JR Martinez

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I understand where she is coming from too, but I wish she had had the class and grace not to voice it. She should have known better and it was completely unnecessary. I've seen plenty of people around these parts discuss the bad writing for Taylor and how she wasn't integrated properly. Now all she's accomplished is losing a lot of the sympathy people had for her botched introduction.

• Members

But why are we allowed to state the obviou but BE can't? It's her risk, so let her take it. I commend anyone who can stand behind what they feel. She is a seasoned actor who has to work with a man who lucked upon a daytime job, and he happens to be aweful.

Hats off to BE!

ANDREA

• Members

Obviously she can and she can also suffer the backlash she so richly deserves. People on this board (as far as we know) are not JRM's co-workers. Propping up yourself at the expense of a co-worker is just tacky. BE should have had the sense to know that there are plenty of people who would see that as arrogant and low. Any sympathy I had for her character's suffering at the hands of Pratt has gone right out the window. Taylor is a pointless character and I really don't see anything special about BE on AMC. If she thinks that she was doing Shakespeare she's completely delusional. I'm rooting for her quick exit from AMC.

• Members

If this is the reaction because Beth tactlessly pointed out that JR is not a trained actor, I can only think that she would have been lynched if she had spoken out about the Iraq war.

There really is a need for perspective. Beth's comments about JR were tactless, but they are NOT the big deal that people here and elsewhere are making it out to be. Beth's comments about Pratt are far damaging to her continuing to stay on AMC.

• Members

i said her comments - esp (especially) about a war vet - will probably tarnish her image. Many of her negative comments were definitely tasteless, if even true, and JR should have been left out of the discussion altogether. Again, she should have just left this to her publicist and management team to stoke these fires, not herself. Then the conversation wouldn't be about BE, but about Pratt and AMC. She'll be less palatable to other soaps now if/when she leaves AMC. She's only hurt herself.

Archived