Y&R: Week of May 25, 2009

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How about a promo for what's ahead?

Elizabeth Hendrickson is my new favourite actress on daytime. She just, rocks.

Monday's show was enjoyable. Without giving anything away, the Phyllis/Jack scenes were good. MS and PB are always great together. I think the best is yet to come.

I liked Devon going off on Tyra, but I wish Bryton will stop with the diva antics when acting (waving his hands), he reminds me of Lil Bow Wow when he does that. Oh, and Tyra wasn't half bad bad in that scene. Then I started to hate her again.

I missed Mary Jane, she's a hoot. Those sunglasses the other day was too much.

Raul/Mac were surprisingly enjoyable, and their story made sense.

• Members

^^Agreed on both counts. I hope they don't get rid of Mary Jane because they kept Phyllis.

Oh and Kristoff St. John may not be the most dynamic actor, but DAMN that man is FINE. However, stupid TPTB decided to give us too much shirtless Kevin instead. Blah.

• Members

Elizabeth Hendrickson has really impressed me on Y&R, I could NOT STAND her as Maggie but with a stronger character and better writing she just shines. How fun was she on Friday with the "wait for it, wait for it, it's not you!" to Billy?

Between her, Billy Miller, Stacy Haiduk and James Scott that's 4 actors AMC wasted that went on to find success on other soaps. Any future AMC actors should just consider the job a year long audition.

• Members

AMC sucks for wasting those actors, but at least they have a great casting director who found them. Why the hell does Y&R hire folks like Eva Marcille? If anything Y&R should hire way AMC's casting director. He/she obviously has an eye for talent.

• Members

I think Cornelius might be much closer to what I imagined Devon as. I guess he's a bit too old? But he can play angry-and-bitter when needed, right?

I definitely know Egan could bring more range to Mackenzie...but don't you think she's too "chirpy"...too close to Rachel Kimsey?

And no...just no...please no...to Minshew. But that is probably a personal bias. I'm still holding out for Heather Tom, though I am partial to Alvin's Tognoni idea. Tom & Tognoni already shared OLTL's Kelly...so maybe sharing Y&R's Victoria could work.

Archived