Y&R: Week of May 25, 2009

• Members

The show could run Jack/Phyllis/Sharon/Nick 4 days a week and they probably should. That would allows them to cut into some of the fluff.

Recast Victoria with Heather Tom, Gina Tognoni or Rebecca Budig. Kill JT off in some heroic fashion. Make Victoria into the next incarnation of Victor Newman so that she takes over the family when EB leaves. Let Victoria be a female Victor, breaking hearts and treating men like property.

Send Abby to boarding school. Send Colleen off to a job in Hong Kong. Bring her back in a few years ready to raise hell.

Put Noah on contract. Send Eden away to college. Give Noah an older woman love interest -- maybe Chloe.

Send Tyra and Anna anyway. Make Neil one of the many men in Victoria's harem.

Send Devon to grad school. Bring him back in a few years when the time is right.

Put Chapman & Shackelford on recurring. Sign Tracy Bregman to contract (tell her take it or else) and make Michael & Lauren the central figures of the F-B family. Only use Glo & Jeff as support. Send Amber to B&B. Put Daniel, Kevin & Jana on recurring/support to Michael/Lauren. Don't give them their own stories.

Put Heather on recurring just to be used as the ADA (once the Adam story ends).

If Raul stays, Mac can stay. If not, send them both back to Africa.

After Victor & Nikki reunite, and you know they will, put Paul on recurring, just as support to Michael.

Am I missing anyone?

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why get rid of Maria?

That's not going to solve anything. What if her replacement is worse? MAB is fine where she's at. She's not the greatest writer, but she's nowhere as bad that we should be calling for her head.

I also don't think Y&R's cast is bloated. All Y&R needs to do is drop some of these actors to recurring, and sure they can write out a few too. Plus, TPTB can't keep writing the same stories for the Abbotts/Newmans all the time. MAB needs to go back to what she was doing in 2008 and that is properly injecting all cast members into stories.

• Members

I could get behind all of these, actually, except for the bolded ones:

Where is Adam in your list?

I'd like Noah to have an age-appropriate love interest who can act. Is there anyone his age from a "forbidden family" that could ramp up the drama?

Neil and Victoria didn't work well all those years ago. I'd like more for Neil than "harem" status. I'd like him to play what he is (strong, principled paterfamilias with a stubborn streak), and drive story or at least anchor a strong family.

I don't want Gloria on recurring, but I'm resigned to her in a supporting role. I do think Shackleford needs to go. I don't like his vile dynamic with Chapman. He's sort of hurt her chances at redemption by dragging her into piggishness with him.

Jana needs to die. Daniel needs to play out his current storyline and then I could see him leaving to discover the earth. Amber is fine...they just need to craft a story worthy of her.

• Members

You don't like lil Budig? Heh! That's okay. I was resigned to AH's Victoria when I thought the show was going to make Adam into the next Victor. Since they're not, and since Nick is too goofy for that, I want Victoria to take on that power role. RB is a bit annoying but she can do fierce pretty well.

I'm half-expecting him to be killed off because Victor will want to kill him once the truth comes out. I'm all for TPTB keeping him though if they can find a way to do so.

Not really. Maybe he can find himself a 19-year old blonde stripper just like grandpa did.

Can KSJ handle that? He's so beta if you know what I mean.

I can see that. I might very well like her better without him.

I wish I could care about Amber because I know AF is good. I just don't.

• Members

I'm just biased by that snarky way they write the Fusion girls (or at least, did). I don't like any of them, I'm afraid.

Or at least some girl from the other side of the tracks who has already had a baby she's given up for adoption... :)

He is written that way, for sure. I hope they can do differently with him.

As you may know, Andrea Evans played both Patty Williams and Amber's mom, Tawny Moore, on B&B. I wanted them to be the same character, so that Amber would turn out to be a Williams. That could still happen, if we assume that Tawny/Patty is the one who had plastic surgery to become Mary Jane. Linking Amber to the Williams clan would boost her staying power and, if written right, could make us care more.

I don't think it will work anymore, though. Tawny was an uneducated tollbooth operator who lived in a trailer in Furnace Creek, CA. Mary Jane is a skilled, educated PR agent. I don't see how they get from Tawny to Mary Jane. And since Cashton has convinced me Mary Jane is Patty, I think my hopes for linking Amber to the Williams are dashed.

• Members

Monday's episode is just the beginning of the fireworks. However baby talking child bride is back on Tuesday to annoy the hell out of us. It is a good thing that there is no danger of me running into CK on the street because I'd be tempted to smack her. There is nothing cute about her "acting" style. The ironic thing is that Chloe comes off as rather cute and endearing without even trying.

Since when did Cassie become a psychic prophet?

• Members

There is a show Monday and a fairly good one.

I thought Nick had the dream. Did he tell Sharon about it because her dream with Cassie also had the daughter, but was referring to Summer. I guess they are just a whole family of prophets or psychics instead of active dreamers. Maybe CBS is just throwing in psychic wishful thinking dreams to ramp up the anticipation for Medium moving over from NBC.

• Members

I took that dream to be a sort of prophesy myself (or more like the show's promise to viewers), don't get me wrong. It's the type of thing that needs to go unsaid by the characters though. This isn't Passions. I'd also rather Sharon be having an Abbott baby right now. She and Nick can have another child down the road. This doesn't feel like the right time to me at all.

Thanks!

• Members

Exactly. I think if the Shi t reunion is going to succeed he has to go back to her despite the baby, not because of it. Nick is really becoming a waffleman like B&B's Ridge. One week I want Sharon, no wait, I might lose Phyllis, I want her, back to Sharon, back to Phyllis and on and on and on. It would serve him right to wind up alone for a while, with the occasional hook-up, until he grows up.

Isn't it a little soon, how far along is she. If it is bigger than an almond wouldn't it have FAS?

• Members

The show needs to cut it's losses with Tyra/Neil.Talk about Chris Engen-if anybody should storm off the set,it would be Kristoff after what has been done to Neil.

He used and abused Karen,and is now all gaga over Tyra,for no discernable reason.

The basics were there for a good story,but the execution was dreadful.The latest twist with Tyra not being blood to Devon seems equally pointless.

I would get rid of Tyra/Ana-that could be easily accomplished.Devon could go in search of his dad.He is not being used effectively.

Mamie would return recurring and Nate would be the new young male that Devon never was.

Malcolm would be recast.He has so many connections.Father to Lily/brother to Neil/ex to Olivia etc

Give Gil more to do

Neil would be more support for a while to give the character a chance to be refreshed.I would steer him into a more business orientated story.

Seems we are stuck with Lily.The problem is that she is so one dimensional as is her portrayer.Lily is nice-that's it.

The show is rare these days in that the long term families are still represented.

The Newmans,Abbots and Chancellors need to be a major part of the show.MAB has done this and her 'new' characters (Mac,Murphy,Billyetc have been a part of that)

I'm not particularly fond of the Baldwin/Fishers.Because Michael and Lauren are a 'happy couple',his story comes from the wacky antics of his family,which is wearing thin for me.I would rest Gloria/Jeffrey and would happily say goodbye to Kevin/Jana.Eden is awful and the 2nd actress no better than the first.

I hope Paul stays around,but he &Nikki should not marry.Better they realise they are just close friends.

Restless Style should close and those characters should go back to Jabot.

New characters could come from the past.Brooks Prentiss,Chuck(Snappers son,Jills nephew)Perhaps Matt Miller has a child.Keemo Abbott.

Just some random thoughts...

Archived