Y&R: Week of May 25, 2009

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I forgot to add that some Lily fans are already trying to pair her off with the next man once Lame runs it course. & you won't believe who they think could do Lily character justice.

On a side note: I ask these fans don't you want something more from Lily then she who she paired with. This LIly is actually being define who she's with.

• Members

This is the reason that I'm tired of all three of these characters, give them a rest already!

CK seems to be playing an extension of herself just as some of the other younger actresses are and her Twitter page sounds EXACTLY like she plays her character.

I didn't mind CK the first time around and didn't mind her reprising the role but she's been AWFUL this time around. Sadly. she hasn't grown as an actress one bit, she still plays the character the same way she did years ago.

I think it's real... see my above comment about it. Tammin Sursok's is just as bad, very childish.

• Members

Agreed. I thought she was fantastic the first time around. The Kevin/Lily story was a major highlight to me during that time though. Just excellent performances, and good writing for the most part. Then Khalil got burnt out, and Jack Smith tried to make her a lead actress.

• Members

CK and Sursok should both be playing teenaged roles since that's their acting mentality. Actually, Sursok's roles in the films that she's done are probably more suited to what she should be playing not Colleen in the boardroom trying to one up TGVN.

• Members

CK doesn't try but I partly blame the producers & writers for this. Why is there so little follow up on Lily/Daniel? Why doesn't she still secretly fear/hate/lust Kevin? Why isn't there lingering tension with Colleen over Colleen sleeping with Daniel? Lily isn't a three-dimensional character who carries her past experiences with her. You can say that an actor she should be asking those questions but the way Y&R seems to rolls is basically, actors please shut up and just act read your lines. As we just discussed, Joshua Morrow has had far more profound questions and the writers have done him no help in trying to explain why Nick's such a ditherer.

There aren't throughlines for most of the characters expect maybe Victor, Jack, Kay and Jill. Characters don't carry the past with them and the past doesn't seem to impact their decisions. Lily should be a wonderfully complicated heroine. One who loves Cane, but is also nostalgic for Daniel, confused about Kevin, loving but sometimes resentful towards Colleen, and so on.

Archived