Y&R: Week of May 25, 2009

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The writing for women is atrocious on this show, and in daytime in general. You'd think with a female HW, we'd have some independent women. Instead, they're all weak and see men as the be all and end all of their happiness. The only exception is Katherine at this point.

• Members

Mark, this memorial day eppy WAS quite different form ones in the past. They usually were more solemn in tone, you most always had a scene of Kay in front of Phillip's gravestone, and usually there were flashbacks. Today was UNUSUAL in that thye dropped a bomb on a HOLIDAY (Jack finding out about Billy boinking Sharon) they have NEVER dropped a bomb on a holiday before. All my time growing up, my mother would miss Y&R on holidays cause she was cooking for get togethers or whatever... and she'd say.. "Oh it's a holiday, theyr'e not gonna do anything today." But boy have they changed their game plan! I think a scene with JILL at Phillips grave would have been appropriate and made it seem much more "classic Y&R".

• Members

The Winter's used to be one of my favorite parts of this show. That has definitely changed.

Shirtless Kevin :wub:

Nick is a punk ass bitch! He just cannot tell the truth. I really need something unpleasant to happen to him. Maybe Victor screwing him over again or something.

Billy is a jackass, but I like him and Chloe together.

Loved how happy Noah was when he heard about the baby, but letting him think the kid is Jack's was kind of :blink: Maybe waiting until you know who the father is would have been a better plan Sharon.

CF continues to do better and is definitely looking better.

• Members

What exactly did happen? I don't understand why she isn't getting spousal support. That blog is pretty funny though. She is so out of touch with the world and has no idea that she's painting herself in a very unsympathetic way.

• Members

I think Brenda does come off a little nuts, but she's better off speaking unfiltered instead of trying to be more coherent or bland, because people can sense her true emotions. There seems to be a lot of pain and I think this draws people more into rooting for her. I also think the Internet/blog/Youtube era has been a boon to her because she just seems more alive this way, I think she works better in this medium than when I would just see her venting in old interviews.

Here's a new interview with Thom Bierdz. The writer is very thorough and Thom goes into detail about his life. There are some spoilers, and potential spoilers, although Thom says he knows little about what is going to happen.

http://www.afterelton.com/TV/gayslives/05-26-09

• Members

I agree with every word here. It was a strong episode that accomplished a lot. Chloe's "tough love" stance with Billy is winning me over. Kevin was nice to see...but I also like that they will have some continuing consequences.

• Members

Warning, NO spoilers below. In fact, their OPPOSITE. But I am speculating based on a Thom Bierdz interview, and I intuit I am right, so skip this post if you don't even want intuitive speculation that might be right....

Although Bierdz was very careful to say nothing, I feel he told us volumes in one section:

I believe that has told us EVERYTHING. Some people cringed when we speculated about this apparent story direction a few weeks back...and wondered how it could be plausibly told...and felt in some ways it might be damaging..but it seems pretty "locked in" to me based on the above. Sorry to be so indirect.

I think, like Lily constantly cooing about how much she trusts Cane, this feels like a very obvious setup for a mixed-pairs story.

THAT SAID, they still have not dealt with Jana's headaches. I truly feel Love Story coming on, and while I love Emily O'Brien, I can't WAIT to see Greg Rikaart rock such a tale. Moreover, leaving Kevin a little angry and available again...well...I could lead some terrific places.

• Members

Wonderful. Just what this show needs is one more person who doesn't want to act. I'm about finished with these people who just want to show up and be themselves. Someday I'll learn to stop reading interviews. I rarely come away happy with what I hear.

Archived