Y&R: Week of May 25, 2009

• Members

I feel bad for Jack but I am getting aweary with the Quad because Jack, Phyllis and Sharon are basically all victims of Nick's mood swings. He wants Phyllis. He wants Sharon. He wants Phyllis. He wants Sharon. He wants to be a dad to Summer. He wants a baby with Sharon. He likes the Brewers. He likes the Cubs. He wants a ham sandwich. No, he wants a tuna sandwich. Scratch that, back to ham. With mustard. No Mayo. No wait. He wants tuna. With extra mayo. He wants to work with Victor. He wants to be his own man. He wants Sharon. He wants Phyllis. He wants Sharon. Is it time for dinner yet?

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I cannot stand Nick any more. He is so slimy. He never loses anything, never pays a price for things that he has done. He abandons his grieving wife and son and gets a replacement wife and daughter. He goes back and forth between Phyllis and Sharon and neither of them kick him to the curb. Sickening. I really blame both Sharon and Phyllis at this point. I wish the writers would give them some freaking pride. I hate that Jack has become a doormat in this whole mess. I'm sick of this triangle/quad. I only wish that Nick would be left alone, but that will never happen.

I was glad that Chloe had enough pride to leave Billy. I hope that she does not cave in and go back to him. She and Delia need to move on with their lives.

• Members

I never minded Jack losing to Victor because Victor is so ruthless, I could buy him winning. But Jack losing to Nick? All the time now? Both Phyllis and Sharon totally prefer Nick to Jack? Really? Jack is a man and Nick is such a boy. Noah is more mature than Nick.

• Members

I know you are being serious, but this made me :lol::lol: . Yes, dmarex, they are AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. I only hope this new story takes them someplace darker and more realistic, before they leave town.

He's interesting. He has such a nice energy. He felt totally natural to me. I think he's matured a bit as an actor since we last saw him.

Yes, especially if we end up liking Raul-Mac more than Billy-Mac. Then sending Raul away again will be a disaster...like letting us have a little taste of a delicious meal that we can't eat.

:lol::lol::lol:

Even Joshua Morrow acknowledges that it is currently his function to be the *sshole...he talked about that in his last interview with Michael Fairman. He actually feared this would make his character unredeemable, but Michelle Stafford placated him with a line like "All they have to do is look at your smile, and you have them again!" or something like that.

EVERYONE is irritated with Nick now. That is the point.

I do believe that Nick will end up alone for a time. And that will be interesting to watch. Except I fear he'll glom on to some new, third woman...random...like Ashley or Mac or Heather....

Dudes like Nick can't be alone for long.

• Members

Nick is irredeemable. His promise to love any woman now is forever a joke. The character is now the soap version of John Edwards. Which would not bother me if the soap had some heroic bright characters to counter all the douchebags on the show. That's another reason I want Raul/David Lago to stay. We don't have any true good guys on canvas. I don't mean "good" just because they're not actively douchey (Daniel, Kevin), I mean good as in heroic. I think the complaints about Nick, Billy, Adam and all the other messed up characters would dry up pretty quickly if we had prominent good guys like Raul & JT, who were out there as counterpoints to the creeps. Even AMC, with all its problems, has decided good guys in Jesse, Frankie, Brot, Jake, and Scott. Besides visiting Raul and always off-screen JT, are there any genuinely heroic guys on the shows?

• Members

Apparently, the Newmans never lose. Nick simply has no character. He isn't even a good man. Other than his looks and body, there is nothing to him. It is hard to believe that both Sharon and Phyllis are so shallow, but they simply must be because there is no other explanation.

Billy has become such a disappointment. Between sleeping with mentally unstable Sharon and his drooling over Mac, I'm disgusted. Why doesn't he leave Chloe? With exception of Katherine and Murphy, the men have the upper hand in all these relationships and it has become very annoying.

• Members

Well Raul isn't all that of a exciting character. But still I wish Lily go find herself. Or at least question her judgement in her love life. I think the writers thinking we like seeing Lily with a guy & no goals

Her new love interest is between Raul depending how long he stays or

Archived