Y&R: Week of May 25, 2009

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Poor Brenda. What a shame for her. I loved, just loved when they kept saying "Make sure you have all medication you may need."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But again, it's a shame what has happened to her.

• Members

Oh please, Memorial Day is considered the unofficial start of Summer and the BBQ season, so there was nothing tasteless about that. Lots of people hold parties and get-together's on this day, and they did acknowledge it in the toast. This is the least of the show's problems.

• Administrator

For sure. I liked Murphy's toast and at least Y&R Memorial Day. I don't think any other soap mentioned it. So kudos to Y&R for this.

Tomorrow's US episode is very good too - loved the Jack/Billy, Adam/Ashley and Nina/Jill/Katherine scenes.

• Members

Eileen Davidson is normally one of the best actresses in daytime. To be honest though, Engen & Braeden are carrying her ass in this story. This is back to the througline problem. We know Ashley was once crazy for Victor. Then we saw her evolve and move on. Now she's supposedly crazy for Victor (once again) but we never saw why. It's just stupid for Ashley to stay in the house when she can move in with Jack until the pregnancy is done. The only way it makes sense is for Ashley to be so starry-eyed over Victor that she would rather risk insanity or death then be away from him for even one night. Hell, Vail Bloom is doing a better job of selling that kind of passion for Adam than ED is doing with Ashley for Victor.

Does anyone else think the chemistry with Victor & Ashley is gone? Or is just being upstaged by the creepy crawly Oedipal thing between Adam & Ashley? I always thought of myself as Victor/Nikki fan that still appreciated the pull of Victor/Ashley. Now it seems like Victor & Ashley are so false together and only come to life with other people.

I normally don't ff through any part of the show, but I am going to start FFing the Winters. It's just painful to watch.

• Members

I never said Ashley stopped loving Victor. But she used to CRAZY about him. Then she seemed to get her sanity back (at least on B&B). Now she's CRAZY again. I think we needed to see why the relationship has such a hold over her and not just told that it does. With MTS/Nikki, I get immediately how Victor gets under Nikki's skin and why she would dump a great guy like Paul in a second for Victor. I am not seeing this with ED/Ashley.

• Members

Ashley is ALWAYS crazy about Victor, even when they're off in separate spheres. Even at B&B, they acknowledged the pull Victor always had on her and still has on her. I remember the scene when Ridge and Ashley were trapped on the closet, they both acknowledged that Victor and Brooke always pulled them back, even when they knew it would probably always end in disaster and how this vicious cycle was probably never going to be broken.

Ashley always takes back Victor back when he comes looking for her. She'll never learn, it's a dysfunctional and emotionally abusive realtionship, but it's a cycle that Ashley has never been able to break.

• Members

You are taking about the writing for Ashley. I am taking about ED's performance. I am sorry but the soul burning passion is NOT there right now. I've seen it in the past. When she was pregnant with Robert, for example. Right now though, it's not there.

• Members

Eileen is really strong in this story.

She & Engen are carrying Braeden.

Victor/Ashley came way too soon after Victor/Sabrina & Eileen is way too strong for TPTB.

Not always.

But Victor will always be the love of Ashley's life.

Which Nikki just loves. :lol:

Archived