Y&R: Week of May 25, 2009

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with this assessment. She could play a shallow teenaged girl for the next twenty years. But why get married and have children? Why not be irresponsible and party instead?

Because there was still something likeable about teenage Lily that's completely lost these days, IMO.

• Members

It was LML's brilliant idea. I remember reading her spoilers back in the day... but it was MAB and Griffith that decided to go through with the storyline; they could have easily canned the story in the beginning.

First of all, the story makes sense and everything is fine, but why bring him back with this reveal if they will get rid of him soon? Will Mac go back to Billy then? It doesn't make sense, and we don't want Mac and Billy back together.

• Members

I am pretty sure that is really CK. What are they doing with all of the triangles on the show? EVERYONE is in a triangle. I can't quite buy the Raaauuuul/Mac/Billy sudden tri. I don't care. The only actor who was on the show when these characters were last together is DL. I could give a hoot at this point. Feels as made up as it is.

Why does every woman on this show need long hair? Does CBS own stock in Sally's Beauty Supply? Tyra and Mac's hair drive me mad.

Nick? Oh poor delusional Nick. WTF about the dream prophecy that WE HAVE NEVER HEARD YOU MENTION TO SHARON EVER!!!!! Not to mention you had that baby in your dream because Cassie was still alive. But, as we are all very aware, she is not longer among the citizens of Genoa City so how does that dream matter? Although we see and hear more about her than say, JT, so I can see why there would be some confusion.

But back to my mini-rant. Is this me or does this "We are meant to have a child because Cassie proclaimed it" come out of the blue? If there had been some mention of her death bed wish during either one of the cabin bonk fests, I would have understood. But it feels like the writers realized they hadn't focused enough on Nick's possible motivation for leaving his current family in favor of a rescuing Sharon through her pregnancy. I don't mind the set up for the next beats of the story but as with Nick's conversations in the last week, it feels like the writers were so rushed to get to this moment of him claiming the baby as his, that they stuffed all his regret into two recent conversation with Jack and Phyllis. I would have like to have seen the beats play out longer.

That said, Nick is a lying sack of sh!t. I would have given everything to see her lay her hand across his face when he told her he was only at the grave site with Noah.

However, all performances from the quad today were outstanding. They were perfection.

Archived