Y&R: Week of May 25, 2009

• Members

Not sure on the actress selection because I haven't seen her work, but she isn't too old to be Paul's daughter. Heather has never been SORASed like many other teens, and had she gone through with SORASing like, for example, Nick - she would already be in her 40s.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, I might be off by a year, but I think Heather was born in 1979 (on the show). If that is right, she is 30.

Vail Bloom's birthdate is not given in IMDB, but she graduated Princeton in 2004. So, if she graduated at 22, that would make her about 27 now...or born in 1983 (a few years too young).

Vail Bloom guessed to be born in 1983, making her about 27.

Tamara Brown is born in 1971, making her 38.

So, Tamara really is too old, in real time. Doug Davidson is born in 1954 (i.e., 55 years old), so he would have been 17 when Braun was born. That's actually about "right" for the story, but I don't think it would work. Tamara Braun (my opinion) looks too old to be his daughter.

• Members

If they recast Engen with a stronger, more mature actor...I guess I'd like to see how Vail does. But at this point, she's a decade younger...which doesn't work well with the "we went to Ivy League colleges at the same time" narrative.

In that case, given that many people here are not very happy with Vail, maybe if they toughen up Heather, and cast her with a more seasoned actress, it could be another win for Y&R?

Vail has a lot of sweet likeability, and I'm sure a place could be found for her on an ABC show or DOOL or something.

• Members

It will be interesting to see MM act against YG & VB. At first glance, he looks much older than both of them but it might read okay on screen. It just seems like someone like Tamara Braun, who is a little older, might work better with NuAdam.

• Members

I actually agree with both of these statements.

I think Heather's "victimization" will remain a short-term part of the Adam story. And then, once she realizes how badly she has been "had", she can leave town.

At some point, if they choose to regroup the Winters family, a strong Heather would be needed. But they could also just let the Williams family drop (though it doesn't seem like they're doing that).

The canvas is TOTALLY overstuffed.

LOL. Braun's too old :lol: . She can play younger, I guess.

I wish I had another alternative in my head to suggest...

• Members

Whatever they do, I just hope they do something to get rid of a few actors and actresses.

I'm so tired with all the freakin' VB sucks forever stuff... just let her leave so I won't have to listen to this stuff anymore...

• Members

There's quite a few, Maria is horrible with her problems, she ignores them for a very long time and they become bigger problems. The overstuffed cast is one of her problems.

But why do you care if people don't like her? You dislike other actresses too, I more than welcome your dislike for them.

• Members

Yeah, that is also getting quite tiresome.

I'm just sooo tired of hearing this stuff over and over again... I think I might just go away for a few months to recharge. -_- But that might just be how I'm feeling today.

• Members

The cast is overstuffed. The sad/ironic thing about the whole Engen mess is that the one storyline that is working on all cylinders is Adam gaslighting Ashley, so for that reason alone, I want the show to keep Rafe and Heather on until the story finishes.

As for where to cut -- everywhere! The cast is gonna top 100 people at the pace MAB keeps adding people.

• Members

Oh definitely, I find AMC's two male leads (Ryan and Zach) completely reprehensible characters played by subpar actors. Nick is pretty much just trying to have a good time, he doesn't want to control or berate the women in his life. He just wants to have lots of sex, dress up like a big boy and prove daddy wrong. :P

If the kiss from Friday and the scenes I've watched from Monday say anything I hope they keep Raul and cut the fat elsewhere. Start with Tyra, Colleen, Ana, Heather, Cane (after this P3 mess is cleared up of course), Eden, and Devon. I was thinking Amber, Daniel, Kevin and Jana but they all still have potential and fans so I'd feel better keep them right where they are, mid-burner.

• Members

Exactly! Why add so many new people if they have no intention of getting rid of the people that they never use. Either use them or drop them. That would be much easier and they would save a lot of money.

• Members

Doug Marland really liked huge casts, and he wrote for everyone. Part of that was him starting off as an actor, so he really loved actors. Those cast credits for ATWT were unusually large, and often he would have groups of characters appearing in what seemed like throwaway scenes together, so that actors could work their weekly guarantees. On GL, he kept many of the non-core, and extendable characters that the Dobson's created, when he could have easily gotten rid of them, but he chose to develop them more.

That said, Maria is no Marland and needs to trim the cast size down.

• Members

Oh, Darn...I love that description! I should add that this is why I like Nick/JM. He's just a dude who likes to have fun...I know many guys like that. It is very real to me.

And now you're on my "great" list. 'Cause your list didn't include the Fisher-Baldwins or Phyllis :). But, seriously, I could totally get behind your list.

I am now also at the point where I'd recast Lily. I was very happy when she came back, but the actress has not even SLIGHTLY altered her performance despite all the horrible things that happened to Lily.

Archived