Y&R: Week of May 25, 2009

• Members

Plot drive. Nick/Jack for who's the daddy would be too easy I suppose is one reason. But Billy and Sharon sleeping together so far builds up Billy as Jack re-incarnated (I'm surprised no one on here mentioned Billy's ord to Sharon last week "The man is the closest thing I have to a father...."), it then builds conflict between Jack and Billy. Then you have the Abbotts vs the Newman, it wasn't necessary but I can assume someone thought it would be entertainment and spin the story through different cycles for each character involved.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They were f-ck buddies, nothing more, and I kind of understood it. They used each other and sex to escape their problems, it was never anything emotional. The same can apply to Nick and Phyllis on a much grander scale. Nick might love Phyllis, but she isn't the love of his life and he doesn't have the emotional commitment to her that he has to Sharon.

• Members

Don't waste Billy on Sharon.

I'm going to be blunt. I like the gas lighting story, but Eileen Davidson is not selling it well. She's actually been the weak point of this entire story for me, which is a shame because I like her. Maybe Eileen forgot that she's back on that other Bell soap, where good/believable acting is necessary.

• Members

I kinda don't agree. Why would Lily return to Daniel? That wouldn't make much sense. Chloe never cared that Billy was a Chancellor, she loved him. Plus, she has the Abbott loot, and the Chancellors are still fond of Billy. I don't think anybody cares about Mac/JT, but it should be addressed. How old is Reed? I want JT to cheat on Victoria with Reed's teacher or something, add some zest. Better yet, bring back Mitzi Kapture, Anita was sensational, and Anita/Jill was great with the little we saw of them.

What does everyone think of the Jill/Kay unrelated story? Is there really much more to be told?

• Members

JT cheating...by some device returning to his bad boy ways...would be a lot of fun.

But please no Mitzi Kapture. I actually really enjoyed the actress and character but, by association...well...it could lead to horrible things.

I think Jill/Kay are in their "natural" place....I don't think there is more story to tell about their being unrelated for now. It's just a background state. Of course, Jill's mother and Kay's daughter are still "out there" apparently, but I think many of us hope we don't look for them in the too near future. Especially because it is controversial (some of us think Kay's daughter might already be on the canvas, but that makes others a little crazy).

• Members

The backyard looked like the 4th of July, with everybody partying, barbecuing, swiming and sunnying themselves. The only thing missing was the fire-works, for a moment there I expected the entire Bauer family to come out of the house and then Murphy made his toast. A toast that seemed like a IIC after thought. Was there any mention of the two people buried in the back-yard?? NO!!! and where was Jill to remind everyone of that fact. No where to be seen. I found the whole let's party like it's 2999 some what tasteless( especially on the day that honors the dead), TIIC should be ashamed of themselves.

Another IIC mis-step. I guess Philly and Nick being there made it alright.

The writing for Neil is really erratic-- is he the dutiful employee who was used until he couldn't take it anymore and so QUIT. Well isn't he still an employee?? Is he the dutiful family man who is looked up to by his children?? If so then why is he sending out the message to his "son" that it's alright to creep as long as you know nothing about the person your creeping with. Neil's good guy image ( if he ever had one) is fastly eroding.

• Members

She has such a generic role in the story, I wonder if she's decided to not make the effort because her role doesn't matter. When she went to B&B she said she was happy to get the romantic side of Ashley again, so she might feel let down to go back to Y&R and it's right back to crazy Ashley/baby Ashley.

• Members

Am I the only one who remembers that some years, Y&R used to do terrific flashback eps for Memorial Day?

I remember one year Brenda Dickson's Jill came storming over to the mausoleum, and she and Kay revisited, via angry flashbacks, the chronology of their loathing. This would have been before her first departure.

I also remember one year with either Chris-Danny or Chris-Paul. The episode was a chronology of their love story.

I really would LOVE for these Memorial Day shows to be flashback shows.

Even if Murphy's toast was an IIC afterthought, I guess I'm glad it was inserted. I wondered about Rikaart, though. He is VERY against the current war, and I wondered how he'd react to that toast in honor of veterans. His Kevin was pensive and respectful, so I was glad he played that note.

• Members

Billy bet not go back to Lily. She worse then Mac with the judgemental stuff. She mistreated him because he didn't tell her about Chloe. She was just as nasty at Billy then Cane was.

When Daniel & Lily had a site up we use to talk to DS. & she would ask what we want from Lily character. I wonder was she fired because she told writers could they write Lily a different way. I remember she ask us do we think Daniel should cheat on Lily. & we was trying to figure out why would he after all the stuff Lily did for him. & they just got back together. & this was before we found out she was let go. My point of the story she wanted us to tell her what we wanted from Lily. We told her we liked the jewelry making idea.

• Members

I think it's a pretty clever move that Y&R pics up AMC's discards. My theory is they do this because there is an even greater casting pool in Manhattan and I've always found AMC to be pretty good at casting roles. It makes sense for the top soap to snatch up a pretty decent actor who was recently let go from a rival soap. Especially when that decent actor is pretty good and were given lousy material on the former soap.

• Members

Ashamed? They acknowledged it in a toast. Plus, who doesn't party on memorial day. Most people don't even remember the true reason other than a 3 day holiday. There is a mention tomorrow, plus we had grieving Cassie today. I'm giving TPTB a break for this one.

Archived