Y&R: Shocking Role Recast

• Members

Standing up for your beliefs??? It's not a stance, it's a weak smoke-screen of the truth which is - "Oh no, people will think I'm gay!". And every homophobe I've ever seen almost always has some sordid gay past. Miss California's mom had a gay affair. Ted Haggerty...Mark Foley...Larry Craig...the list goes on and on.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let's wait for the whole story.

In this story, Adam was [ a ] having sex out of wedlock, [ b ] screwing with a woman who loved him for his own gain, [ c ] covetous (he wanted money and fortune), [ d ] got another woman fired for his gain, and [ e ] may be toying with Rafe -- possibly as far as homo-sect - shual kissing and f*cking for his own gain. Moreover, [ f ] his actions may result in the death of an unborn child and [ g ] insanity of a woman who showed him charity/kindness.

Wrap it all together, and we have loads 'o' sins here.

So, if he is Christian, perhaps he quit for all of the above reasons.

If he is just homophobic, or if he gets creeped out by feeling stubble on his lips (these aren't necessarily COMPLETELY the same thing), that's a different thing.

He may also still be worried about that gay stigma for his career. But I think Jake and Heath and Sean kind of showed that's a needless worry nowadays.

• Members

You have fun. I'm enjoying my rush to judgment. I think there's only so many angles on "I ain't kissin' no dude." Most likely he will come out with a tepid defense by attacking the other writing for the character and tacking the gay material onto it -and pretending it is not the issue.

If he broke contract, he already dealt with this in the worst, most public way imaginable. He asked for it.

• Members

And as I said, it will turn into a sort of dime-store Isaiah Washington thing - he will likely go on and on and on about story minutiae on Y&R while trying to deflect from the obvious problem; he didn't want to kiss a dude.

• Members

The Perez flap was the best thing which could have happened for her. She was made into a martyr and is now beloved by many on the Christian right, as well as Fox News (very popular and powerful).

Chris Engen broke a contract, and that's going to haunt him for quite some time, regardless of his reasons for quitting.

• Members

I very much hope Chris Engen will be able to speak because something tells me his problems started long before the kiss. The writing for Adam has been bad, and getting worse, for almost a year now. I think the kiss is more of a flashpoint for both sides. That's what will get more publicity, and may have been what pushed him to quit, but other events led up to this moment.

• Members

More power to ya if you want to rush to judgement. I'm still waiting for his side of the story.

I'm not going go around calling him names when for one, I don't have ALL of the facts(maybe we never will), and for two there are two sides to every story.

He's also allowed to believe in what he believes in

• Members

Chris Engen has a magnetic presence, a stunningly hot body and face and, despite the writing for him, I always enjoy watching him. If he goes, I'll be sad to see him go.

But... I will echo what others said--actors must act. Quitting over this will hurt his career, maybe destroy it, and there will possibly be no forgiveness by the entertainment industry. Everybody is entitled to his opinion, but it is a backward, disgusting opinion and I am very disappointed that an actor I enjoy feels this way. Honestly, I hope all this is false, but I can't help but feel that it isn't.

Archived