Y&R: Shocking Role Recast

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He was really cute on Veronica Mars, but I can't say anything on his talent. I think in a supporting role like that it's easy to be successful because primetime allows more rehearsal and several takes. Only time will tell if he has the gravitas to pull off this role and a shift to daytime.

• Members

Interesting idea.

But if that is true, Engen made no sense leaving under these terms. It would have ended anyway.

That said, even if Adam was out the door, you KNOW the show will switch it up.

They'll redeem Adam and MAB will say in an interview, "Well, now that we have an interesting actor in the role, we've changed our plans and decided we didn't want to lose him."

• Members

What's his name -- that writer FrenchFan last interviewed -- sorry -- said Michael Malone called it the "hoot" factor. I liked Billy/Sharon and Mac's surprise return (and yes...heaven help me...Thom Bierdz). Chipmunk & art story...not so much.

• Members

He is older and not as good looking as in that picture on his site. He has a weird nose thing going on.

It is possible that Y&R was going to recast the role of Adam and that Engen found out and walked out. It isn't like they haven't done that before. They hired Tammin weeks before they fired the shocked Adrianne Leon.

Archived