Y&R: Shocking Role Recast

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why does that give you such pleasure? :rolleyes:

I am, I confess, looking ponderously in the soul mirror...wondering how I can be swimming so thoroughly against the stream.

Regardless, for me now the energy is shifting toward some enthusiasm. I really am very eager to hear about the recast. NB is apparently interviewing Maria Arena Bell tomorrow (I don't know when the interview will appear--probably next week). I can't wait to hear her take on this.

• Members

Donald Wildmon!? Wait...the same Wildmon who campaigned against Three's Company and Dallas and Charlie's Angels and Flamingo Road 30 freaking years ago? He's still ALIVE? He's still running his mouth!? Wow, I had no clue. I thought he was long gone.

IMO, subtlety is showing them in bed, under covers, skin obviously touching, and clothes obviously off. Not in the act of hittin' 'dat, but just basking in the glow of hot love-making. What ATWT was hilarious. It says a lot about Noah that it started and ended before the cameras could catch it. But then again, this is the show where one can take a round trip to Springfield, Henderson, Monticello, Bay City, Somerset, and Houston and still be back for the mid-show bumper.

• Members

Nuke is not progress, they are boring, lifeless and they don't belong to a soap opera but to a cartoon show. I don't think that a soap should introduce a gay character just to keep the GaySoap ActivistCommunity happy, but because the character has a purpose!

Adam kissing Rafe comes out of nowhere and I would be very curious to see a logical way for that to happen. With that and P3 coming back, I think that Y&R is indeed entering VERY dangerous territory.

Where is Moila? I'd love to hear her thoughts about this.

• Members

The only way it makes sense for me, vis-a-vis Adam, is if he is pulling what he does with Heather: Using someone's attraction to him to get them to do something for him. This does not mean he is actually attracted to Rafe. In fact, it cements his evil if he is NOT attracted to Rafe.

Yes, Y&R does need to be mindful of not veering too close to Passions/Days territory.

Archived