Y&R: Shocking Role Recast

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look what happened to that dude on Greys. He ruined his career and he and his family were evicted from their place.

A gay from South Of Nowhere did the samething because of Spashley and i haven't heard tell of him since.

As for other soaps i'm sure Frons would pick him up for ABC soap. He sure wouldn't have to worry about any gay stuff!

• Members

So disappointed in CE.

QUOTE (Chris B @ May 21 2009, 10:59 AM)
Nelson posted in the comments section on DC that Engen is 100% gone. On Tuesday his agents informed the Y&R execs that he WILL NOT return. Nelson said it's just his speculation that he'll return because what are the chances he can afford to buy out his contract? But I think Y&R will just sue him for breach, recast and move on. Honestly, this is very shocking to me in this day and age. As manipulative as Adam has become, I highly doubt he's going to be written as gay. This is probably just another manipulation to build an allie in Rafe. I personally love how they're writing Adam as a villian. I don't think he's gone too overboard where he can't be redeemed. He's unique and a total throwback to the late 80s/early 90s Y&R thinking villians. I'll miss the chemistry with Eilleen Davidson, Amelia Heinle, Eric Braeden and especially Vail Bloom.

Excleent post Chris and I totally agree with you.

He is cute but can he act.

:lol::lol:

Eh...he's lost major points with me. He should just hide under a rock.

Yup!

Exactly

I will continue to watch.

:lol:

Eh..read my above post....he is in the gutter on my list now....LOL

So true Vee.

• Members

Girl - I am SO upset! You just convinced me to like Adam's direction and now the actor's a total douche. If this turns into another Miss California thing, it'll be good for Y&R to get the publicity but it'll be really hurtful. I'm a gay actor, but I have str8 actor friends who would kill to get this good a role. In this economy, he quits??? I have such a problem with "moral" actors who have no problem killing, screwing everyone, and doing the worst of things on-screen only to draw the line at a same-sex KISS! I am SO sick of this crap.

• Members

I see nothing wrong with him standing up for something he believes in, even if it's something I don't agree with. If they knew this about him, but sprung on him, then I can't blame him for walking.

Sounds like the kiss is for shock value more than anything anyways :rolleyes:

Well said!

• Members

Wouldn't it have just been easier for him to say to MAB and Co that "Im not comfortable playing the role like this, or it goes against my beliefs blah blah blah".

I mean wouldn't they be obligated to not push for him to do this, cause he could sue them. Its just seems strange, that this is something they would force him to do if he was against it...

IMO, if he did quit over it then its really unfortunate because unless your working for FOX News lol or the 700 Club, your gonna get vilified and screwed (look at that Ms. California...she has alienated so many people, no one but FOX News and the Organizations against gays will touch her.).

• Members

I'm more interested in how Braeden feels about Engen being unhappy with the writing for Adam even before this kiss. I think Adam was sacrificed for the big attempts at puffing up Victor which started last year after Sabrina died, and I wonder if Braeden would have rather had a strong, complex character as his son than the crazy wimp Adam has become.

• Members

"Standing up for believing in"...bigotry? Yeah, George Wallace did that too.

It's the Roscoe Born/AMC situation times ten. In today's climate, entertainment industry and otherwise, it's a very foolish thing to do.

Archived