Y&R: Shocking Role Recast

• Members

If Engen has been acting up, and they have been meeting with him, they surely would have been doing some background casting in reserve.

You're right. Maybe Engen learned he would be dropped at his next cycle, and decided to 'quit' rather than be 'fired'. If true, this is still a breach of contract...but maybe the Sony lawyers won't be so hard on him.

Sad story, at least for Engen.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good point. Maybe they were trying to come up with a good reason for canning Engen, since they knew he had some fans. Villifying him wouldn't be such a bad strategy.

I hope we learn something closer to the truth.

• Members

No, it sounds like a story beat. NOT a pairing. Adam, right now, is only paired with his hatred.

Maybe, after that is over, a pairing will emerge...for now, though this is not about a pairing AT ALL.

Would you consider Heather and Adam, today, a pairing? No...he's just using her. That's what it would be with Rafe, I'm sure. Adam is a ruthless opportunist...sex and sex appeal are part of his arsenal. Right now, he loves NO ONE. He is incapable of love, right now.

• Members

He played the sleazy Sheriff Lamb in a good way, but he always seemed to older to me, and definitely not what Adam is like. I know that Chris Engen isn't young, but he played a younger role quite well.

This just goes to show they have zero interest in ever making Adam good again.

But this might just be my angry reaction to Engen quitting/getting fired and hiring someone that used to play a character I could never stand.

Here's a preview of Muhney if you want to see for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plcd3ABK-1Y...feature=related

Archived