Y&R: Shocking Role Recast

• Members

BTW the disappointed person seems to be a friend of NB, who has been very vocal in Nelson's FB profile eversince the news about Chris Engen came out.

Remember that he might be Adam to us, but the guy lost his job today for reasons that are not clear.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And that is why I am sad. Many of us enjoyed his portrayal. And now...for whatever reason...he's gone. That's a loss for Engen (employment), but also a loss to the viewers who appreciated what he was doing.

I hope there were some inaccuracies in that story, and that Engen plays another day somewhere else.

I also hope nu-Adam works out.

• Members

Absolutely! I refuse to watch Muhney in that role. I can't imagine Engen and probably will never be able to accept this recast. It sucks, big time.

A very huge disappointment for me as a Y&R viewer.

• Members

I'm in a state of shock at the moment. And probably denial. It hasn't really got into my head that I won't watch Engen in the role.

I absolutely loved the character of Adam, even though he is going through this dark stuff; but I can't imagine watching someone else in the role. It's surprising how someone can make the role their own in a year.

Plus, it's hard to admit, but this show just might be going to pot. I hope I'm wrong.

• Members

Let's hope Sony is reasonable about this.

I realized that being too tough with Engen could be a publicity nightmare for Sony. Just like Miss California got LOADS of supporters...Engen could play that card.

Since they have a recast, Sony should just let him go. Maybe make him pay any "emergency recast/reshoot" costs, and maybe make him sign a non-compete clause where he can't join another daytime show for the next three years (duration of his contract). That would be reasonable.

We'll never know these details :(

I hope it works out for Engen.

Archived