Y&R: "Please get lost and go forever, dreadful sorry Clementine..."

• Members

But that's Nikki. Love her or hate her, MTS is in complete command of the material.

I should have used Eileen Davidson as an example, as she does no wrong in my eyes. I used MTS, though, as an example of a well-entrenched vet who knows her character inside-out. Clementine doesn't have command of her material. I don't think she knows who Mac is. Nobody does. Sometimes she looks absolutely petrified. And yet... and yet... there is something warm about her underneath that terrified brittleness. JMO.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CF probably feels overwhelmed and uncertain. Soap scenes require so much dialogue, action, and being in the right position. There are also much fewer retakes, if any. Based on Nia's comments, Paul Rauch is being very tough on her on top of everything.

• Members

She's obviously still trying to find her rythmn on the soap. I think, if it's possible, she gets the character or who the character is supposed to be but she has not yet found a way to adapt to the climate of Y&R. I mean she should try to fix that as soon as poss.

• Members

At this point, before they cut bait, I'd like to see them:

a. Give her constructive notes, and

b. An acting coach or a mandate to see an acting coach (whom they recommend)

If she still does not improve...it's time. I could see playing her minimally and giving her six-months-from-signing. Then, I hope she is a huge success. But if not...it's time.

• Members

I did at first but then she had those photo-album voice overs that were entirely over-hyper like something you'd expect to hear from excited Abby about her million dollar horse. CF even seemed to have less bags under the eyes, making me imagine Adam injecting her with something before her scenes to look so old and haggard.

Archived