Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So would Greg Foster, lol! He'd be to Y&R what Ross Marler once was to GL, and Paul Martin to AMC. Plus, it would be one way (out of many) to reintegrate the "old" Y&R (some Brookses, some Fosters and Katherine) with the "new" (some Abbotts and several Newmans).

• Members

I would love it if Christine and Greg opened up a practice together... but I think Greg's return should be enough as far as old characters returning. Except if they bring Laurie back. That I would be down for.

• Members

Ok, we are going round and round. You would like Michael and Lauren off the canvas, and I don't. As for Michael taking his profession seriously, this is a soap. No way would Michael ever have been a lawyer again after his criminal past, but Bill Bell liked CLB and the character so much he wrote him back on the canvas after being away for four years. Michael is never going to be a white hat character. He is a gray character with a dark side who has shown growth over the years unlike some other characters who are making the same mistakes they made 15 or 20 years ago.

• Members

Why? Just because someone leaving isn't a crushing blow, I completely disagree that they should be let go. Again, only about 10 people max would be a crushing blow if they left. Y&R has always had A, B, C and D stories. I like it like that. It wouldn't help the show in anyway to get rid of Lauren since TB is on recurring. Plus we have no way of knowing if MAB will choose to write more for Lauren in the future, but if all I can get is the occasional scene, I'll take it. She's part of the long term fabric of the show. And MAB may leave at anytime and the next HR may love writing for Lauren. LML obviously didn't like writing for Jill and Kaye, but I'm very thankful she didn't get it into her head to kill them or send them off, like she did to Ashley.

• Members

I just have no intention of watching Michael Baldwin defend people who he helped to cover up their crimes, like Gloria and Kevin. What a laughable lawyer and a laughable court case.

It gets boring after a while to have a criminal defending other criminals. A lawyer should be able to be completely separate from the crimes his clients commit.

• Members

Nobody is arguing that.

The problem is that he & his family ALWAYS self righteously use the law as a weapon with the justification that people look down on them cause they are low class instead of the horrible crap they DO.

Archived