Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Members

No, if Mac doesn't work out this time, then Mac has to die. Let her and Billy tearfully, passionately reunite after overcoming all these ridiculous obstacles to be together. Then, on the day they are to marry, tragedy strikes -- which will haunt poor William Foster Abbott forever.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel the only way that would work would be if Jim Houghton reprised the role... it would be the only thing that would lend such a long-forgotten character any weight... but I'm not sure I want to see Houghton back.

• Members

The show could have hundreds of characters as long as they are not all leading, i.e. driving/carrying story. Not even everyone needs to be on contract though. Jeffrey, Eden, Jana, and even the blank-faced Tyra would be fine on recurring. Used only when the show needs seem flavor or support. Jana should never have her own story though.I am not even sure if Daniel should either though I am curious about the art guy wanting to buy all the pictures.

With Neil/Tyra, I can see a story where she becomes his seldom seen trophy wife. Neil is still used for corporate stories and to be a father to his kids. Tyra becomes his wife but is only trotted out for family occasions and the sporadic gooey love scene.

Not exactly. The stories lose their effectiveness though when they are too many families. The Chancellors, Abbotts and Newmans should be the leading families of the show. The Winters, Wiliamses and Fisher-Baldwins should be the major supporting or secondary families. Everyone else should be recurring and just used for color, even if that includes Amber. If Amber is that critical to the show, make her Kay's granddaughter or make her the baby mama for Billy's second (third?) child. Of course, we all know she's not that critical. She & Daniel could move away tomorrow and would be totally unmissed.

• Members

Seriously, I'm tired of Nikki and all her many perils. Her children are grown, and her grandchildren will soon catch up. I think the time is right for Nikki's constant romantic problems to take a backseat, allowing her to be more like a supportive voice for her family. Not a matriarch, necessarily, but more like what ATWT's Lisa had become once they allowed her to mature.

• Members

If every writing regime introduces new characters without a plan and no purpose, then they're automatically dead weight

They can all leave

Katherine is a historical pillar in GC society, and provides a leadership/center role on that show. For that reason alone, she should never leave.

Jill has much more ties than Michael and Lauren, and her children are on the show and she's directly connected to Katherine.

Ashley's family is a core family, Lauren and Michael aren't core characters, thus more expendable.

• Members

To get rid of some weight....

Send Ana back to that school for talented children or whatever it's called and Tyra can go with her.

They could write JeffHo & GloHo/Gloworm off together, or they could have GloHo die in some freak accident that shocks viewers and just have JeffHo leave town because he has nothing left in Genoa City.

Jana's brain tumor could return and she could die from that or it could be revealed that she was invlolved in some crminal art dealings concerning her family in the past and they could send her to prison. Then Kevin could move to the city where the prison Jana is sentenced to is located so he could be near her and visit for the duration of her sentence.

Notleen could decide she wants to further her education in some foreign country.

Heather could leave town after being let down by Adam one to many times.

Send NotToria to one of NE's International locations to run things, then JT and Reed go with her and Victoria (Heather Tom) returns down the road with Reed when JT gets killed or dies from something.....

That's 10 characters so far...... :mellow:

• Members

Guys I'm concerned we're in for a big shock. Read this and read the comments (hunterforrester is NB's SN). NB loves Y&R the most (now that his love affair with RC is over) and he's hinting at a major cast cut. I'm crossing my fingers that it turns out to be more typical NB - wrong!

Archived