Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Members

I still don't think they would buy it. How long was Greg a character on the show in the 70s? Long time fans might enjoy it, but most fans now are comfortable with Michael Baldwin as "the attorney" who handles all the big cases.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The big cases being his family's criminal behavior, which is pathetic and sad (especially when Michael is more than often an accessory to their crimes).

As I said before, the attorney role can easily be filled by a recurring actors they can use from time to tome.

Michael Baldwin as the upstanding attorney is a joke. He's a criminal like the people he defends.

• Members

The Fisher-Baldwins would be terrific on B&B. Their melodramatic sensibility suits the fashion-centric sudser.

Story question. Why is Mac working for Cane? Doesn't she own half of Crimson Lights? Also, doesn't Kevin have a job at CI? Since he's a favorite of Kay's, I could see her insisting that Neil give him a prominent job in the company. Neil & Kevin have a bad history with each other and it could give GR and KSJ a fun dynamic to play.

I still can't get that image of the needle in the Adam's eye out my head. Very gross and very inventive. Though some have criticized MAB for recycling, I don't think I've ever seen something like that on soap before.

How about Lauren joining Restless Style as a partner? It fits in with her background and gives Phyllis a ready talk to. Sort of the Ethel to Phyllis' Lucy.

• Members

Of course she isn't effecting story because she isn't being used now. And isn't what you are saying true about most characters who are vital now but were off the canvas for awhile. The show survived without Billy, Mac, Phyllis, Ashley, and Victoria when they were all off canvas. Were they missed as characters? Yes, but I don't think their absence left a big hole because by their nature soaps are ensemble pieces and the focus will be on the characters that are on canvas.

And so is Jack, Victor, Katherine and so many of these characters. They are all criminals. You want a pristine lawyer, then bring back Pristine Christine.

• Members

It would make more sense for Lauren to work at that magazine than most of the characters running it. I thought they were actually going to do that also. When Restless Style first started Jack asked Lauren to write a column about fashion trends. She agreed and yet MAB did not follow up. It justs like how they are using Fenmore's to sell Amber's jackets. Lauren had a conversation with her about selling those jackets and apparently they are a big success off screen.

I could see your scenerio with Kevin. I don't think he works at Jabot anymore.

Archived