Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think they want to lose MTS but TPTB forced a paycut on JW, so they indeed try to force one on MTS, PB, EB and JC. Perhaps they started with JW and are working their way through the power players on Y&R one by one.

• Members

That Ashram certainly looked like some kind of cult to me with having someone like River functioning as the leader and the free love and drug taking that looked to be going on. Are Jana and Kevin even legally married since he would have had his minister credentials fraudulently based on an assumed name?

Welcome to the board. I still think that they should dump Jeffery and bring on Allistair to live in the Abbott mansion. While John has always been the voice of reason, Allistair could be the voice of unreason and steer the Abbott babies in even worse directions.

Jack Ass Smith killed off Cassie just to get Sharon Case an Emmy for lead actress (she wasn't even nominated). SharonC recently gave an interview in Canadian TV guide that said that they had another character in mind for Nick to have an affair with but went with Phyllis after Sharon Case suggested Michelle. I really wonder who the other woman they had in mind for the affair was, Dru? To me killing Cassie was one of the stupidest mistakes this show has ever made. Right now she could be causing just as much, if not more, trouble for Nick and Sharon than Noah is. They could have accomplished the same thing having her declared brain dead and lying in an institution on life support while the Newman's wait for a miracle treatment.

I could see them putting Doug Davidson on recurring long before they put MTS there. Nikki might not be driving story right now, but she is on all the time.

My mom thinks the art guy is Danie's biological father, Frank.

I also think that Victoria is the best person for the gaslighting. It would bring her rivalry with Ashley back full on and maybe JT could be disillusioned that his wife is not a perfect person and dump her. Jana and JT might be an interesting pair, especially if they let the brain tumor turn her into a naughty girl which we'll never see with Kevin.

• Members

I couldn't disagree more! I think Nikki should be on more often, way more often. And besides, we don't want our characters to "mature" or grow because if they do we'll say that they're acting out of character.

• Members

Katherine will leave eventually because JC is 80. I want her to stay on for the rest of her life, but reality is reality. I am not saying Jill or Ashley are not valuable but the answer is not to get rid of long time vets who are not tied to core families because they are deemed more expendable. You need some characters not connected to the core families. Besides no one is safe or considered not expendable. Look what just happened with Jess Walton.

• Members

Honestly you guys know the history of this show front and back, but if you replace Michael Baldwin with Greg Foster as lead attorney most viewers would have no clue why Michael was replaced by this character from the 70s. And how long has it been since Houghton acted?

• Members

The attorney role doesn't have to be huge. I think the show needs to lay off crime stories, another big MAB problem (though, Latham was a big fan of them too).

Cool off on the crime stories, and use the recurring attorney from time to time. I thought the guy who defended the Abbott's at their civil trial against Gloria was pretty good.

• Members

I've never understood this argument. What constitutes need? I think the writer's preference generally determine what is needed. Just about any character can become needed or not needed if the writers choose to make them so.

Archived