Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Members

I could go for Lauralee (Brooks) coming back (and possibly making the moves on Jack, while Billy heats up with the returning Diane), as well as Christine returning and starting a legal practice with Greg.

But I'd need Snapper for two reasons: 1) to run Genoa City Memorial, and 2) to help older fans become emotionally invested in his kids; specifically, Jennifer and Chuck (McGuire).

And I'd need Leslie, so Brooks would have his mother as a sounding board; and Lance Prentiss, so Brooks can have an imposing father-figure, and we can have a third wheel in the Phyllis/Brooks/Lance triangle.

Oh, and I have to have Liz Foster for occasional appearances. To start with, she'd have to help Jill get to the bottom of her parentage. (Here's one solution: she's Bill Foster's daughter, but by another woman.)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unless they get HT let AH have her. I honestly don't want to have to adjust to another new actress playing her. Heather Tom though - girl - it's time. I would SO love to see Heather back on Y&R. If we got HT and VR back on Y&R all would be right with the world. and the HW and EP at the moment would have instant invulnerability for at least a year!

• Members

Know one knows that they have no plans to ever use her again. But the purpose she is serving is that of a supporting character. I just don't see any need to just arbitrarily get rid of people just because they aren't front and center. It's not as if she hasn't been seen in six months.

• Members

The whole problem with the Baldwin-Fishers (Michael included) is that they deliberately commit all these crimes, yet think they're the ones being wronged.

Maybe if they owned up to being bad, they'd be a lot more tolerable and interesting.

I'll never get over the scene where Michael watched William Bardwell die and essentially blamed him for Gloria's crime and for doing his job. Ugh...

• Members

Hey, I am just as tired as everyone else that Michael's sole story is propping and defending his family or Phyllis. I have no love for Gloria and while I do like Kevin and Jana I have had enough of Michael rescuing him. That's why I wish MAB would write Michael into other stories and away from his family.

Michael was less moral when he returned in 98, but I loved the role he played in the whole Jack and Brad Newman takeover using Diane's board seat via her divorce from Victor. But MAB only uses him to prop his family. She needs to change the direction of his character.

• Members

:lol: :lol: More so. I want him to be Victor's evil minion again. Instead they have his family dragging him down. I liked it more when he was the one jumping off the cliff himself. Oh well.

But I must say, HELL NO to The Bug coming back to be the town lawyer.

• Members

I hated that scene also. But Jack did heinous things that people excuse because of LML's writing, so I write off that whole William story as a huge mistake. It was especially out of character for Lauren.

Michael has owned up to being bad. He has admitted his mistakes, made amends to his victims, has been honest about his criminal past. He is not perfect, but he does not deny how bad he was in the past. That was a major theme of him being a father. He didn't want to ruin a child of his with his dark nature.

Gloria and to a lesser extent Kevin I agree with you. They don't own up to being bad.

Archived