Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Members

Ok, just a few more LOL. Michael hasn't been with Phyllis since Sandra Nelson left and the start of the Diane/Victor divorce. They have been only friends since then unless I forgot a ONS. Michael has been with Lauren since 2004 and before that he had the brief flirtation with Victoria and some romps with Isabella and Grace.

As for the Winters, what did Michael do to them? I know he covered for Kevin but since then he handled Devon's adoption, got Drucilla out of from being committed in the mental institution when David Chow was gaslighting her and handled Devon's defense when he was up on murder charges.

I think Lauren and Phyllis would fight tooth and nail, but where Phyllis is psychotic, Lauren is more conniving. I just don't see Michael wanting to be in a sexual relationship with Phyllis. He sees how much trouble she is, and unlike Nick he is not ruled by what is in his pants.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At first I could see Lauren liking Gloria. She accepted Lauren unlike Mary and Lauren was looking to create her own family because she did not have one for so long. But since the cream secret came out and Gloria has been constantly putting her family and marrriage at risk, Lauren should hate Gloria. TEB has said she doesn't get that either and has wanted to play that angle for years and have Michael's loyalty to Gloria cause friction in their marriage.

• Members

But Malcolm has been off the canvas a long time. I am talking about the show today. Jack has also been there for Phyllis but when Phyllis has a problem or needs to confess to someone she usually turns to Michael. That has never caused friction for Lauren either and on one hand it is refreshing to see a couple like Michael and Lauren having such trust. On the other hand, sometimes Phyllis has expected too much from Michael who is now married with his own responsibilities, but that was a problem under LML but not so much under MAB.

• Members

Yes, that has been one of the worst. When Lauren finally yelled at Gloria a few months back, I was like :o I was so surprised, and it was so much fun. If they don't want to give Lauren any story, they should at least try to make the family dynamics interesting--i.e., Lauren bitching at Gloria and Michael caught between his sick devotion to his mother and his love for his wife.

• Members

Yes he has.

Exactly.

All LML contrivances.

Neil nor Drucilla would EVER trust Michael.

But since LLB was recurring & LML could care less about characters acting IN character Neil & Dru acted OOC & Michael became a saint.

Lauren & Phyllis are both extremely possessive especially when it comes to men.

He doesn't have to always actively want it.

It's second nature to him cause she's his comfort food.

Only really since Jack Smith & LML made Michael & Lauren MICHAELNLAUREN.

Yet she almost DIED defending Gloria against EVILJACK.

• Members

OK, I see what you mean... yes, a small break would be good, it could also be achieved by them being the happy/steady couple Marland always said was necessary for a soap.... I am loving the shift on Victoria and Abby, and their feud... Sounds like it's made of win. I would love to see Abby in the role of femme-fatale me thinks. It's obvious she's been spoiled, and I would love some kind of tragic/deluded black-and-white cinema heroine thing to happen with her... Am I crazy? I feel that Victoria--who has always been more of her father's daughter and a little... butch, if you will, would hate Abby just for that :lol: Of course, I'm assuming HT is back by then.

This story sounds hotter and hotter by the minute... A slow-burning triangle.

• Members

Abby looks to be a very spoiled princess type, which is perfect for Victor & Ashley's daughter. MAB should look to a young Lily Snyder or a young Erica Kane when writing Abby. Abby's also related to all the Newmans and all the Abbotts, so she's a natural choice for the future of the show.

While Victoria is desperate for her father's approval, I don't see the same being true for Abby. Abby has a mother who spoils her, a loving aunt, doting uncles and a protective older sister plus the memory of a very loving adoptive father. She may want Victor's approval but she doesn't need it the way Victoria does. A more natural bone of contention between Victoria and Abby might be a man, perhaps JT.

Archived