Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Precisely. I think there was a reason why Chancellor was never in the forefront for decades, until they brought it up again a few years ago... trying to split the business intrigue three ways may dilute it. I always believed in Victor and Kay's friendship, Kay is probably the only friend Victor has, so I hope that is not destroyed.

On the subject of Jabot, I think it was more about the people leading the companies than the companies themselves. Jack and Victor wanted to get back at each other, and Newman Enterprises and Jabot Cosmetics were their multi-million dollar toys. :lol:

• Members

The ones that aren't being used and haven't been used for years in decent capacity can go.

They can get rid of Victoria and JT in the Newman side if they must.

If Mac doesn't work out in the longterm, she can leave and come back in a few years too.

Get rid of the dead weight...

• Members

Michael's been useless because the writing for him has sucked and CLB has stopped acting. He used to be so compelling, but now... They need to make him back to the way he was during the early Alden years.

• Members

And if she does accept recurring does that mean who cares about Nikki because she is recurring? Let's only focus on those contract players? I would hope not. I think many of these shows would prefer their big names go recurring rather than fire them in this economy.

I also thought Flannery, but would that really be a big suprise? She has been talking about retiring from acting for awhile and moving more into directing.

• Members

Because, I feel, and have always felt she doesn't want the show she's been handed. I think many people would kill to be HW or EP of the #1 soap, and would be better equipped for the job.

Also real, who thought she was a good HW material in the first place? :rolleyes:

Bill Bell, jr is a horrible businessman...

• Members

But you see the dead weight changes from writing regime to writing regime. So according to your method, MAB keeps Kevin, Gloria, Jeffrey and Jana and gets rid of Lauren and Michael? Katherine was a talk to for quite awhile under previous regimes. So was Jill. Ashley was written out, and yet now you wouldn't include them on your list.

• Members

I'd like that.

Michael Baldwin should've never had a family built around him. There's a reason why he was such a supporting character for years and worked well in that capacity. He is not, and will never be leading-man status on this show, thankfully they've corrected this over the past two years in a sense. Too bad they let his relatives wear out their welcome so fast though...

Archived